Day Trip to Naples and Pompeii
- 3 reviews rated 5 stars
- Pay in instalments
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Enjoy a wonderful journey through hillside Vineyards and across the beautiful Gulf of Naples to Mount Vesuvius to discover the amazing history of Pompeii, the legendary town destroyed by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 A.D.
Our guide to Day Trip to Naples and Pompeii
Travel along the Highway of the Sun passing hillsides completely covered by vineyards, ancient medieval villages and the ruined Abbey of Montecassino - a spectacular Benedictine monastery perched atop of a hill.
Upon arrival in Naples, have a walk in the historic center to admire Piazza del Plebiscito, the Royal Palace, Piazza del Municipio, the Gallery of Umberto I, and the San Carlo Opera House.
After lunch with typical Neapolitan specialities, we will proceed to Pompeii for a guided visit of the famous excavations, UNESCO listed ruins.
This ancient Roman city was destroyed by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD, which buried and preserved it under a sea of volcanic ash for almost 1700 years, when the site was discovered during normal excavations.
The tour will give you the opportunity to visit a coral and cameo factory, to admire items manufactured with a technique dating back to Ancient Greek times. Departure to Rome and drop off in the city centre (3 centrally located stops).
April to October: Daily; November to March: Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays except Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
7.30am; Hotel pick-ups commence at 6.45am.
13 hours including approximately 6 hours of travel time.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Day Trip to Naples and Pompeii
- Itinerary subject to change without notice.
- Hotel pick up is available from central hotels in Rome. If your hotel is outside of this area you will need to meet the tour at Gartour Vatican Office, Viale Bastioni di Michelangelo, 21 (100 metres from the Vatican Museum main Entrance) at least 15 minutes prior to the tour departure time.
- At the end of the itinerary you will be dropped off at one of the following locations: Viale Washington, Viale Luigi Einaudi (Termini Station area) and Via Ludovisi.
- Tour is not suitable for guests with wheelchairs or with impaired mobility.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the supplier 4 days prior to the tour date. No refunds are given for no shows or cancellations made within 72 hours of departure.
Frequently Asked Questions for Day Trip to Naples and Pompeii
- What should I bring with me?
We recommend you bring comfortable clothes and shoes, sunglasses in the summer months and a bottle of water.