Auckland Sky Jump
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
SkyJump can be described as Base Jumping while attached to a wire - it’s just like being a movie stuntman, or a super hero, or a very big bird!
If you’re looking for things to do in Auckland then don’t miss SkyJump where you will plummet 192 metres off the Sky Tower at 85 km an hour! This is New Zealand’s highest jump and the only Base Jump by wire.
Our guide to Auckland Sky Jump
Experience the sensation of base jumping in a safe and controlled environment from the top of the Southern Hemisphere’s tallest building.
After ascending to the summit of the famous Sky Tower, don your flying suit and let your trained professional crew clip the cable onto your body harness.
Then, the highly trained jump masters will rope you up and talk you safely to the edge, until suddenly you’ll find yourself balancing on your tiptoes, leaning out over the streets of Auckland far below.
Take some time at the top to admire the surrounding city before stepping off for the jump of your life. After that there’s nothing to do, but let go and fly!
It’s different to bungy jumping. You’ll fall for around 11 seconds - you will be upright throughout the experience - and then come to a smooth landing in Sky City plaza below where, if it’s a fine day, you might get a round of applause from the crowds.
Your comfort and safety are paramount and the jump is controlled so that you reach speeds of up to 85km per hour before decelerating to a safe speed to land on the platform below.
The fan descenders which are used to decrease your speed as you near the ground are the same technology used for stunts in movies and for parachute training simulations, creating the feeling of riding on a pocket of air throughout your jump.
Daily, year round (except Christmas Day), weather permitting.
Jumps operate from 10.30am to 5.00pm.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Auckland Sky Jump
- The maximum weight limit for Sky Jump is 122kg. The minimum weight is 30kg (however in strong winds this increases to 45kg).
- The minimum age for Sky Jump is 10.
- Children between the ages of 10-15 must have written parental consent.
- Certain medical conditions may mean you are not permitted on Sky Jump for your own safety. People with heart problems should consult their physician.
- Please inform the tour operator locally if you have the following conditions: High or low blood pressure, heart conditions, epilepsy (excluding photosentive epilepsy), broken or fractured bones/dislocations, fragile skin, neurological disorders, diabetes, asthma, prosthetics, panic/anxiety attacks or recent spains/muscular injuries
- The activity is not suitable for pregnant women.
- A jump suit must be worn and closed footwear must be worn at all times for safety reasons.
- All Sky Jumpers must be well rested, hydrated and have recently eaten before commencing their activity.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.
Frequently Asked Questions for Auckland Sky Jump
- Can I Sky Jump in bad weather?
If it’s blowing a gale out there (over 70km/hr) or other extreme weather, then SkyJump does not operate. Fortunately this doesn’t happen often and a little wind is great for those wanting to add a little more thrill to the experience. In the event that SkyJump is unable to operate due to weather conditions (high winds or heavy rain) you will give you the opportunity to rebook locally or a full refund will be given.
- How safe is Sky Jump? Is it scary?
Feeling a little nervous are we? Well safety is one thing you don’t have to worry about! SkyJump is OSH approved and very rigorous safety standards are upheld. Their Jump Masters undergo intensive training and always operate in teams, checking each other’s work as they go. SkyJump is an adventure activity with a very low real risk but very high perceived risk, so as the saying goes – it’s mind over matter! Is it scary? Umm... we’re going to say yes! You are, after all, jumping off a perfectly good tower to fall 192 metres towards the ground, so yes, it is scary but that’s the point really isn’t it?
- What should I wear?
All you need is comfortable clothing and lace up shoes. You’ll be kitted up in the extremely saucy Sky Jump flying suit and full body harness. As much as you’ll look like a superhero you won’t have any superhuman strength/spidey toes to hold on loose-fitting footwear and we don’t want to see your jandals flying over Auckland city or hitting innocent pedestrians, so if you do happen to forget your lace up shoes we have some spare shoes you can borrow.
- How is Sky Jump different to a bungy jump?
Well, we are glad you asked, because it’s very different! Both activities require you to jump off something high, but the similarities end there. With SkyJump, you stay in a super hero style flying position, so there is no hanging around upside down or bouncing around. You simply fall fast and smooth, and land on your feet at the bottom, on the perfectly placed target.