Great Barrier Reef Scenic Helicopter Flight
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Enjoy an amazing bird's eye view of the largest living structure in the world as your helicopter soars over the breathtaking Great Barrier Reef.
Our guide to Great Barrier Reef Scenic Helicopter Flight
This incredible helicopter flight takes you on an adventure over Australia's amazing Great Barrier Reef, one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World.
Actually made up of over 2600 separate reefs, the Great Barrier Reef lies over 30km out to sea and stretches 2000km along the Queensland coast making it the largest reef system in the world.
Soar along the rainforest coastline past False Cape then head out over the crystal clear water and fly over Green Island and many of the other small islands and sand cays just off the coast from Cairns. See Arlington Reef, Middle Cay and Upolo Reed. The view from the helicopter is spectacular, there is simply no other way to appreciate the sheer expanse of the Great Barrier Reef.
In addition to the picture postcard views of the reef, you might also see sharks, turtles, manta rays and even whales at the right time of year.
You have the option to chose between the Reef Discovery, a 30 minute fly over palettes and patterns that only nature could create; and the Deluxe Reef Explorer for 40 minutes on the Arlington Reef flight to take in the scale of a vast beauty.
Daily, year round.
30 or 40 minutes, depending on the option selected.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Great Barrier Reef Scenic Helicopter Flight
- Flight paths and timings may vary due to weather or air traffic control. Flights are weather dependent and subject to the pilot's final discretion.
- A minimum of 2 persons are needed to book this tour.
- Infants 0-3 years are free of charge if sat on a parents lap. A maximum of one infant per helicopter may travel as per CASA regulations.
- Due to Aviation Weight Restrictions a client's body weight must be advised at the time of booking. Should a client advise a weight variance of more than 10%, the right is reserved to charge a 100% cancellation fee.
- Prices listed for these packages are based on 1 helicopter with up to 4 passengers.
- With fluctuations in world oil prices, it may be necessary to apply a fuel surcharge to the ticket price. In such cases any charge will be collected on departure.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.
Frequently Asked Questions for Great Barrier Reef Scenic Helicopter Flight
- Do you provide transfers from accommodation?
Yes, packages include courtesy transfers to and from your accommodation on your day of travel except where indicated. Pick-ups and drop off cover the Cairns metropolitan area, extending to the Northern beaches and Palm Cove.
- Can we take photographs in the helicopters?
All helicopters have clear windows which enable you to take some incredible photographs of the Reef and Rainforest. Some of the helicopters have windows which can be opened for photograph shooting as well. All we ask is that when taking pictures no part of the body or camera is placed outside of the helicopter, and straps are not to be placed around the neck for safety reasons.
- Why are weights so important on a helicopter?
Like airplane flights, weights play an important role in helicopters. We need to ensure that helicopters on all flights are not over loaded under the Civil Aviation Safety Authority regulations. For this reason, we need you to provide accurate weights when booking. There is no need to be concerned as your weights are kept strictly confidential and you will also be weighed on arrival, including your luggage.
- What happens if the weather is bad?
If at the time of departure, the pilots deem that the flight cannot go ahead due to bad weather conditions and thus raising safety concerns, the flight will be cancelled. If this occurs, the tour operator will make every endeavor to place you on an alternate flight that will meet your requirements. If this is not plausible, a full refund will be offered.