New Orleans Cemetery and Voodoo Walking Tour
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Discover some of the secrets behind New Orleans’ mysterious past as you take a tour through its most famous and haunted cemetery and visit the tomb of the Voodoo Queen – Marie Laveau.
Our guide to New Orleans Cemetery and Voodoo Walking Tour
New Orleans has a mysterious and haunted past that includes Voodoo magic and bizarre above ground burial customs as you'll discover on this tour.
You will be transported to St. Louis Cemetery #1 (also the site of the classic movie Easy Rider) where your licensed guide will take you on a walking tour amongst the graves and tombs.
Explore this atmospheric place and visit the tomb of Marie Laveau, the infamous Voodoo Queen of New Orleans, where you can make a wish or cast a spell and discover how she was able to be in two places at once.
You will also learn about the evolution of Voodoo and how it became so prominent in the Crescent city, and the reasons for the unique above-ground burial customs.
Finally, find out what ‘Gris-Gris’ means and discover the contents and ingredients of your very own ‘Gris-Gris bag’ that's yours to keep and take home.
9.00am, 10.30am or 1.30pm.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for New Orleans Cemetery and Voodoo Walking Tour
- Infants aged 0-5 years and sitting on parents lap are free of charge.
- This is a walking tour on uneven sidewalks and streets, so please wear comfortable shoes.
- During warmer months, we recommend that you wear lightly colored clothing; caps/hats and umbrellas are also suggested.
- Cemetery is closed on some holidays
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.