This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
A new musical telling the galvanizing story of racial harmony undone by a country at war with itself.
Our guide to Paradise Square
Set in 1863, this is a galvanizing story of racial harmony undone by a country at war with itself, we meet the denizens of a local saloon called Paradise Square: Nelly Freeman, the indomitable Black woman who owns it; Annie O’Brien, her Irish-Catholic sister-in-law and her Black minister husband, Rev. Samuel Jacob Lewis; Owen Duignan, a conflicted newly arrived Irish immigrant; Washington Henry, a fearless freedom seeker; Frederic Tiggens, an anti-abolitionist political boss, and Milton Moore, a penniless songwriter trying to capture it all. They have conflicting notions of what it means to be an American while living through one of the most tumultuous eras in our country’s history.
Know Before You Go
As the Civil War raged on in 1863 New York City, an extraordinary thing occurred amid the dangerous streets and crumbling tenement houses of the Five Points, the notorious 19th-century Lower Manhattan slum. For many years, Irish immigrants escaping the devastation of the Great Famine settled alongside free-born Black Americans and those who escaped slavery, arriving by means of the Underground Railroad. The Irish, relegated at that time to the lowest rung of America’s social status, received a sympathetic welcome from their Black neighbors (who enjoyed only slightly better treatment in the burgeoning industrial-era city). The two communities co-existed, intermarried, raised families, and shared their cultures in this unlikeliest of neighborhoods.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Paradise Square
- All ticket holders are required to comply with specific COVID-19 related terms and conditions. Guests aged 12 and over must be fully vaccinated with an FDA or WHO authorized vaccine and must show proof of vaccination at their time of entry into the Theatre. Other requirements include wearing masks whilst on-premises. Full details of current policies can be found at https://bdway.nyc/
- All Paradise Square Broadway tickets are guaranteed in the section of the theatre selected when booking with seats allocated by the box office at the time of booking on a best available seat basis.
- All New York Broadway Theatre bookings will be seated together.
- You will receive an instant information voucher confirming your reservation, the performance time, the theatre location, plus all other important details relating to your New York theatre tickets.
- Digital Paradise Square tickets will be emailed directly closer to the performance date. Simply present your digital Paradise Square Broadway ticket(s) on your smartphone for admission to the show (or print a copy of your tickets if not in possession of a smartphone).
- *Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled more than 8 days prior to the show date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 8 days of the show date.
Broadway Show Updates Updates - Know Before You Go
- All guests must wear acceptable face coverings at all times including during the show except while eating or drinking in designated locations. Everyone aged 12 and older must be fully vaccinated to attend the show. Proof of this can be from a smartphone or on paper. Fully vaccinated means two does of an WHO authorised two-dose COVID-19 vaccine.
- Everyone aged 5-11 must be accompanied by an adult and must be vaccinated with at least one doses of an WHO authorised vaccine. Proof of this can be from a smartphone or on paper.
- If your performance is less than 14 days after your last vaccine dose (excluding boosters) , you must also provide proof of a negative COVID -19 test. Accepted tests are either a COVID-19 PCT test taken with 72 hours of the performance or a COVID-19 rapid antigen test taken within 6 hours of the performance.
- Children under 5 must also have proof of one of a negative result from one of the above-mentioned tests.
Frequently Asked Questions for Paradise Square
How will I receive my Paradise Square Broadway Tickets?
Digital tickets will be emailed directly prior to the show date. Simply present your Paradise Square Broadway digital ticket(s) on your smartphone on arrival at the theatre for admission to the show (or print a copy of your tickets if not in possession of a smartphone).
Can I cancel or amend my reservation?
Yes. Our Paradise Square Broadway Tickets can be cancelled or amended up to 8 days before the booked show date. Unfortunately, amendments or cancellations are not possible within 8 days of the performance.
What is the difference between the Orchestra, Mezzanine and Balcony?
Orchestra seats are located directly in front of the stage on ground level. Mezzanine seats are located on the next level, above the Orchestra section. The Balcony section is the highest level and furthest from the stage.