Tuscany Day Trip from Rome: Tuscan Hilltowns, Fortresses & Vineyards
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Tuscany has so much to offer in the way of food, culture, and scenery that it can be overwhelming. To help make it more manageable, embark on the perfect day tour with this Tuscany day trip from Rome.
Our guide to Tuscany Day Trip from Rome: Tuscan Hilltowns, Fortresses & Vineyards
The day starts when your expert, English-speaking tour leader picks you up in Rome in a comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle and whisks you off to the Tuscan countryside. Your first stop is the UNESCO world heritage hill town of Pienza. Here you’ll wander the beautiful streets, seeing views over the countryside and shopping for food and wine if you wish. Your tour leader will introduce you to traditional Tuscan delicacies like pecorino cheese and wild boar, and point out the best ceramics stores.
Next, head over to an organic, family-run farm. After a tour of the farm, including a chat with the resident cheese maker, it’s time to sit down for a Tuscan feast of local, seasonal ingredients straight from the fields. The meal is capped off with a full tasting of the farm’s best sheep and goat’s milk cheeses with homemade honeys and jams. In between chats with the farm owners you will sip on local wines and enjoy incredible views over the famous Val d’Orcia region.
After lunch you will go to Montalcino, a hill town famous, among many other things, for its beautiful castle. With special, extended access tickets you can climb the lookout towers and gape at the views of the surrounding countryside or snap off a few pictures that will be the envy of all your friends back home.
To end the day enjoy a visit to an award-winning vineyard for a guided tour of the vines and wine cellar. And what would a visit to a Tuscan vineyard be without a full tasting? Try a flight of some of the region’s best wines and feel free to buy a bottle or two (once again, with no obligation) to stash in your bag.
We won’t spoil a perfect day with a large group. Enjoy an intimate group of 18 people or fewer with an expert, English-speaking leader to facilitate your journey and make introductions as well as an expert driver who knows the country roads better than anyone. Our goal is to give you a truly Italian experience that will leave you hankering for Tuscany long after you’ve returned home.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Tuscany Day Trip from Rome: Tuscan Hilltowns, Fortresses & Vineyards
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change without notice.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off is NOT included. Please meet your guide at caffè Piccarozzi which is located in Piazza della Repubblica, number 62.
- Please notify us if you have food allergies or other special requirements and we will do our very best to accommodate you.
- Please ensure that all members of your party have a valid ID on them on the day of the visit. This is particularly important for guests who have qualified for child reduction.
- Cancellation Policy: A full refund will be given on cancellations made more than 72 hours prior to tour commencement. Cancellations received within 72 hours prior to the tour are non-refundable. We will, however, do our best to reschedule you for another tour. Please note, this is subject to availability and price changes.
- Tours depart precisely at the scheduled tour start time. If you show up late or cannot find the meeting point, for any reason, refund requests are not honoured per policy. For most tours, it is not logistically possible to join the group after it has started.
Frequently Asked Questions for Tuscany Day Trip from Rome: Tuscan Hilltowns, Fortresses & Vineyards
Can I use this tour as a transfer from Rome to Tuscany?
Unfortunately, this tour cannot be used as a transfer from Rome to Tuscany.
Can I bring my child's stroller on this tour?
Although the places you visit on this tour accomodate strollers they do not always have enough room in our transport vans to accomodate them. Please notify us after booking if you are traveling with an infant. Also contact us after booking if you require a car seat.