Point Loma & Beaches GoCarTour (3 hours)
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Experience the beauty of the San Diego’s easy going lifestyle and laid back urban layout on this unique GPS-guided self-drive tour. Not only does this GPS guided car tell you where to turn, it also provides narration throughout!
Our guide to Point Loma & Beaches GoCarTour (3 hours)
This is our most unique tour because it showcases San Diego’s natural beauty and how embedded into San Diego the US. Navy is.
Pick-up your Go-Car and make your way from beautiful Little Italy, into Old Town where you get a flair of western and Mexican culture mixed together.
From Old Town, head into Point Loma towards Liberty Station which used to be the Naval Training Center of San Diego: when the training center closed in 1997 it was repurposed into a mixed-use development with housing, recreational centers, businesses, hotels and more.
Next, make your way to Shelter Island which gives you a great view of the Attack Submarine base before heading to Cabrillo National Monument and the Point Loma ecological preserve.
Look out for the old lighthouse that stands watch on the rocky shores and lights up the dangerous waterways for sailors and fishermen - stop and look at the tide pools which all sorts of aquatic creatures make their home.
As you finish your tour you will pass the always romantic Sunset Cliffs and plunge into the eccentric Ocean Beach community where there are plenty privately owned shops but barely a chain company to befound.
Point Loma & Beaches GoCar Tour Highlights:
- Little Italy
- Old Town
- Shelter Island
- View of the Naval Attack Submarine base
- Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery
- Cabrillo Nation Monument
- Tide pools
- Point Loma Light house
- Point Loma Ecological Reserve
- Sunset Cliffs
- Ocean Beach
Collect your GoCar from 2100 Kettner Blvd in the heart of Little Italy.
Any time between 9.00 and 4.00pm. Please detail your preferred start time when booking.
Up to 3 hours. The tour itinerary is a sample itinerary - you have the choice of following the itinerary exactly or choosing your own route over the course of 2 hours. Renters are free to extend the length of their rental on the day of tour. Additional rental time will be charged at standard rates.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Point Loma & Beaches GoCarTour (3 hours)
- Prices are per GoCar NOT per person and carry up to 2 persons. Simply select the number of GoCars needed for your party.
- The tour itinerary is a sample itinerary - you have the choice of following the itinerary exactly or choosing your own route over the course of 3 hours. Renters are free to extend the length of their rental on the day of tour. Additional rental time will be charged at standard rates.
- The price includes fuel and is quoted for the approximate tour duration - there is a a 15-minute grace period and the rates for subsequent hours are pro-rated into 15-minute increments.
- All drivers must be at least 21 years old and hold a valid drivers license.
- A $300 security deposit will be held on a credit card until the GoCar is returned. All riders must sign a standard participant agreement. Renters will have the option to purchase Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) insurance on the day of rental.
- Entrance to San Diego's attractions are not included.
Frequently Asked Questions for Point Loma & Beaches GoCarTour (3 hours)
- What is a GoCar?
GoCar is the world’s first computer-guided storytelling car. The clever talking car navigates for you, but that’s not all. As you drive, it points out the sights and tells you the stories that bring San Diego to life.
- Can I stop along the way?
Yes, this is your time in San Diego and we want you to explore at your own pace! The Go-Car always knows where you are, so you wont get lost.