Day Tour to Toledo
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Renowned as the ‘City of Three Cultures’, Toledo is one of the oldest towns in Europe and was once the Medieval capital of Spain. View the beautiful architecture of buildings that date right through history and also see the works of El Greco, the master painter from the 16th Century.
Our guide to Day Tour to Toledo
The World Heritage City of Toledo is a national monument to Spain's art, history, and spirituality. Situated just 40 miles south of Madrid, the walled city is encircled by the River Tagus and has been home to Christians, Jews, and Muslims for centuries. The influences of the different cultures can be seen in many of the historic buildings which include Arab, Gothic, Mudejar, Renaissance, and Baroque styles.
As you walk along the charming narrow alleyways, discover its many churches, the ancient castle, synagogues, and the spectacular 13th-century cathedral, ranked among the greatest Gothic structures in Europe. Also, discover the works of El Greco the renowned 16th Century painter who lived and worked in the city. His work can be admired within churches and monasteries and don't miss his masterpiece, 'The Burial of the Count of Orgaz' in the St. Tome Church.
The tour also visits the Monastery of Saint John of the Kings, built by King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella in the 15th century. Notice the courtyard cloisters and royal coats of arms in this classic example of Spanish Gothic Mudejar design. Next, stop at the Victorio Macho Museum where you can see examples of the artists' modern artworks and explore the lovely garden.
Your full day excursion also includes a choice of an optional lunch.
- Spanish Lunch Tapas Menu - selection of tapas dishes (if you selected this option):
Roasted peppers and white tuna fatty loin
Bite of Spanish omelette
Spanish broken eggs with ham
Cazuelita de Carcamusas (typical Spanish dish from Toledo).
One drink (water, glass of wine, half pint of beer, soft drink)
- Gastronomic Menu (if you selected this option):
Starters included: Salad, Manchego cheese tasting, Deer hash with toast, Ratatouille Manchego
Mains included: Grilled entrecote with potatoes and padrón peppers, duck confit with red fruit and mashed potatoes, deer scallops, cod with caramelized onion, partridge toledana
Dessert include: Cake with ice cream, coffee and liquor
Drinks included during the service
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Day Tour to Toledo
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the supplier 72 hours prior to the tour date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours of the tour date or are a no show.
- Lunch menus are subject to change.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
- The Cathedral of Toledo and St Tomé Church visitors are kindly requested to respect the instructions of the Security staff: Photography and filming are not permitted inside the exhibitions.
Frequently Asked Questions for Day Tour to Toledo
Does this tour include hotel transfers?
No, unfortuanatly hotel transfers are not included. Please meet at San Nicolás Street nº 15 (next to Plaza de Ramalas).