Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: ESTA price

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ESTA price

We are going to orlando in sept and just sent off for passports as they are out of date and i believe we have to obtain a visa via ESTA but when i did a search on this the site looks like its going to charge me for this.
    Is this correct i think it was around 9 per person or is there a site which people use which might be free.
    Also as we travel in sept when would be best to apply for this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The ESTA is definitely not a Visa form or application (most people are still eligible for the visa-waiver programme), but it IS an official US government requirement for entry to the US nowadays. The official website is here:

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

You do need to fill in all the details it asks for, and pay their 'admin fee,' (it did use to be free before last Sept), but it is valid for 2 years, meaning if you go back again within that time period, you don't need to pay again.

(PS: ESTA stands for Electronic System for Travel Authorization, and it shouldn't be c onfused with a Visa, which is something completely different. Those people who have a Visa do not need to go through the ESTA procedure)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just adding to Simon's response, you should check to ensure that you can travel visa free (forum rules do not allow us to discuss individual situations) this can be done through the link Simon has posted. If you are not eligible for visa free travel you will need to apply for a visa and this can be a time consuming process. Note, you do need your passport before you apply as the ESTA approval is linked to your passpport number.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default esta

so i assume it would be best to apply for esta before we book the holiday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wardreefa View Post
    so i assume it would be best to apply for esta before we book the holiday
    I think that may depend. If you plan to book at the last minute then applying earlier would be beneficial (it also depends on whether you think you may not qualify - forum rules do not allow us to debate this or provide advice). However, if you plan to book soon it is worth waiting as you need to provide a first night address on the ESTA appication.

Hope this helps.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default esta

Ok i applied this morning and all accepted with no probs so now to look at booking the holiday what a nightmare this will be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The planning is half the fun!

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default esta

Yeah i know but just seem to be going round and round in circles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Daft question probably, but at start of post you mentioned your passport were out of date/running out? Just wondered how you managed to fill in Esta if you have no go them back or renewed? Esta ends on two years or end passport I thought? No doubt I am missing something in my logic here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default esta

sorry did`nt say we renewed our passports and they arrived back very fast service even tho we only paid standard service.

Thread Information