Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Hotel and Parking near Gatwick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Hotel and Parking near Gatwick

Hi,
    I'm thinking of taking the stress out of travelling from South Wales to Gatwick for our Florida vacation at Easter and am looking for cheap (but acceptable) hotel and parking near Gatwick so we can stay the night before.

Has anyone any experiences they can recommend or, alternatively, which hotels to stay clear of?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Catlady and LM have done this, I'm sure they'll be along with help.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

We stay at the Hilton which is directly linked to South Terminal, less hassle especially as we do twilight check in the day before. Used some Tescos Clubcard vouchers this time towards a Bed and Breakfast rate. As for parking we used and are using again this year Meteor Meet and Greet. Again no hassles, ring them as you are about 10 minutes away from Gatwick and they meet you at the drop off area and take your car away (giving you a receipt of course!)
    Booked it through Purple Parking. Obviously there are other parking options and hotels offsite cheaper but we prefer the convenience.

http://www.purpleparking.com/airports/gatwick.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
    We stay at the Hilton which is directly linked to South Terminal, less hassle especially as we do twilight check in the day before. Used some Tescos Clubcard vouchers this time towards a Bed and Breakfast rate. As for parking we used and are using again this year Meteor Meet and Greet. Again no hassles, ring them as you are about 10 minutes away from Gatwick and they meet you at the drop off area and take your car away (giving you a receipt of course!)
    Booked it through Purple Parking. Obviously there are other parking options and hotels offsite cheaper but we prefer the convenience.

http://www.purpleparking.com/airports/gatwick.htm
    Thanks catlady. I looked up the Tescos deal but it said in the smallprint that they can only be used for a two night stay. Are they not too stict on this. I have 20 worth of Club card vouchers which could convert to quite a saving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi, I stayed at the Worth Hotel, and a full english breakfast and 15 nights parking was included in the room rate, and I appear to think we paid the pricely sum of 75.
    It is about a ten minute drive from Gatwick, but the shuttle bus was ontime, and a proper bus, and they give you a timetable for your arrival back, so you aren't tied to a particular bus.
    You do pay extra for the bus, but it is only a token 2 each.
    Breakfast was extremely good, the hotel ticked all the boxes, was clean and tidy, had a nice bar area, and the staff even recommended a local pub for us to eat in, as we wanted to go out for the evening, but there is a restaurant and the bar does bar meals too. ;)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevegrother View Post
    Thanks catlady. I looked up the Tescos deal but it said in the smallprint that they can only be used for a two night stay. Are they not too stict on this. I have 20 worth of Club card vouchers which could convert to quite a saving.
    For the airport hotels you can stay one night. The only thing about using Clubcard vouchers is it is off the Flexible rate which is dearer than the Best Available so check the prices first. We changed up quite a few vouchers when it was four times, will still have to put some money towards it but still a good deal in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There are lots of comparison sites eg holiday extras, we usually find its almost the same price to book hotel and parking as it is to book parking only. we stayed at the ramada plaza last time (think it was approx 100) it was really nice but back in 2006 we stayed in the europa and it was pretty grotty but it may have had a face lift since. Im starting my search for this year so if you see anything decent let us know.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

We stayed at the Europa in 2005 and found it a bit "lacking". Bed must have been very old and we kept on rolling into the middle!!:eek:

We stayed in the Courtyard Marriott in December and it was very nice. The rooms had all recently been refurbished. The food was ok but not great but that was dinner time. Did not try the breakfast. Within walking distance to the airport as well which was an added bonus Also did meet and greet parking with airparks through purple parking for the 4th year running and they were very good as always

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We stay at the Sofitel which we prefer to the Hilton. It's in the North Terminal, but it's connected to the South by tram. We book using Airmiles (which we collect by covering Tesco Clubcard points). It's a very nice hotel, but I wouldn't pay rack rate.

We used Meteor Meet and Greet last time and the service was excellent. They have a 25% discount offer on at the moment.

Thread Information