Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Topic: thomas cook flights?

Default thomas cook flights?

been looking for the best deals and thomas cook has come up cheapest, i did google their long haul reviews and they were terrible! can they really be this bad?

Does any body know if they have seat back tvs? i really dont think id manage it with 3 kids without them?

Any one here travelled with them?

im really not a fussy person im not looking for luxury on my budget, last time we flew with us airways and was worried with reviews but we were pleasently surprised infact all the staff including the pilots really made our holiday, on our return there were no more seats together so they gave us free upgrade and there was a minor delay so one of the attendents took us into the cabin and the kids got to speak to the pilots for a good while
    I would fly with them again but i really would like direct this time

Any comments would be great

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not flown with TCA for a while, but they fly A330s and do have seat back TVs.

Just bear in mind that they fly into Sanford airport.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't think TC are any worse than the majority of charter airlines these days. ANY long-haul flight to Orlando can be quite a trial (unless you upgrade) and the planes are reasonably modern, as TF says. As long as you are not expecting five-star service, you should be OK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I flew on one of their long haul planes to Turkey and was pleasantly surprised on how roomy it was, but their short haul planes were another story.
    Can't remember about the seat back TV's, sorry.
    I think they have a low luggagae allowance, only 15kg with the option to buy another 5kg, but once again, can't remember if this applies to long haul as well.

Where are you looking to fly from?
    As another option is to fly into Tampa, and drive up to Orlando, which, depending on where you are staying, can be just as quick as the drive down from Sanford

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Our friends have just returned (this morning) from Cuba flying with Thos Cook. The luggage allowance is 15kg each. My friend was having a nightmare trying to remain underweight as they were going for two weeks...:eek: I think they could pay for extra but it was quite expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think with just 15Kg my DW would just refuse to go.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We are flying with Thomson when we go but we have upgraded to their premium cabin. Not done long haul with TC but if their short haul is anything to go by I would choose another airline.

oh doesnt sound good, well i guess thats why they are so cheap then... thats a shame

Does anyone know if they would be any worse then monarch?

Did have a look for flights to tampa but doesnt seem to be any difference in price

I will keep searching

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

we have flown to florida both with thompson and thomas cook in our experience thomas cook were better but not much difference at all they have seat back tv , the leg room was good infact everything was good and we are quite fussy. both times our son was 6 years old then 8 years old and he managed the flight no problem ,the seat back tvs were a big help , i do hope this helps
    if you do fly with them you will not be disapointed
    oct 2008 for 2 weeks
    oct 2010 for 3 weeks
    oct 2012 for 3 weeks
    sept 2015 for 2 weeks
    sept 2017 for 2 weeks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Red face

just spoke to hubby there he prefered thomas cook aswell ,last year we flew with thompson and our inlaws had to return to the uk for a family emergency they were upgraded to premium seating with thompsons and they said there ws no difference at all, they got more service from the staff back in the ordinary seating
    also thomas cook had downstairs toilets wich were good !!!!!!!!if you know what i mean
    oct 2008 for 2 weeks
    oct 2010 for 3 weeks
    oct 2012 for 3 weeks
    sept 2015 for 2 weeks
    sept 2017 for 2 weeks

Thread Information