Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  16

Topic: Eight Great Reasons to Visit Orlando in 2020!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Eight Great Reasons to Visit Orlando in 2020!

Looking for a good reason to visit Orlando in 2020? We have EIGHT of them in our latest blog for AT.com, highlighting the forthcoming new attractions that excite us most: https://www.attractiontickets.com/en...d-orlando-2020

Starting with the brand new JW Marriott in Bonnet Creek:

And including the highly-anticipated Space 220:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Needless to say, we're eagerly awaiting the opening of the JW Marriott. As things stand, the artist renderings for the rooms are limited so it's impossible to properly gauge the differences between the categories, and there are still no announcements about the various restaurant concepts (they're described simply as Market Cafe, Lobby Bar, JW Casual, JW Signature and JW Rooftop).

We're intrigued by Space 220 and genuinely excited for Harmonious, although I doubt we'll get to see that this trip.
    Last edited by UK Deb; 29-01-2020 at 06:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As of today, JW Marriott's website has been updated to 'Opening March 2020'. From everything I follow, it's clearly getting very close to completion, but given the lack of detailed information, it doesn't surprise me at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not sure how I missed this when it was first posted, but I have been having internet issues (a down load speed of 0.2 mbps!!).

There certainly are some great things to look forward to. Top of my list would be the new Cirque show, we loved La Nouba and saw it three times, so seeing the new show should be a thrill. And the new coasters look to be a great addition.

But sadly this will have to wait until 2021 as for the first time since 2005 we won't be making a trip!
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggers Friend View Post
    Not sure how I missed this when it was first posted, but I have been having internet issues (a down load speed of 0.2 mbps!!).

There certainly are some great things to look forward to. Top of my list would be the new Cirque show, we loved La Nouba and saw it three times, so seeing the new show should be a thrill. And the new coasters look to be a great addition.

But sadly this will have to wait until 2021 as for the first time since 2005 we won't be making a trip!
    Oh dear TF, no trip? Unfortunately it is unlikely we will be returning until 2022...unless my lottery numbers come up (and I'm still hoping!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Florida will definitely miss you this year, TF, and so will we. We'll have to make 2021 extra special ;)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Veness View Post
    Florida will definitely miss you this year, TF, and so will we. We'll have to make 2021 extra special ;)
    Thanks. 2021 will mark 30 years since we first went on "our holiday of a lifetime".

We shall certainly miss meeting up with you.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

JW Marriott's restaurants finally have some names/descriptions.

DELI
    JW Market
    With a curated selection of locally sourced snacks, teas, cold-pressed juices and illy® coffee drinks, this welcoming café and shop encourages you to start your morning on a nourishing note.

Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner Dress code: Casual

ECLECTIC
    Lobby Bar
    Indulge in innovative small plates and handcrafted libations at our intimate lobby lounge and bar here in Orlando.

Open for lunch and dinner Dress code: Casual

OTHER
    Unreserved
    This casual, European-style marketplace offers abundant options for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Unique, international-inspired fare includes Italian and Mediterranean classics, along with playful beverages.

Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner Dress code: Casual

OTHER
    Illume
    Perched on the ninth floor, this rooftop haven serves contemporary cuisine and creative cocktails in a social setting. At night, you’ll enjoy an incredible vantage point for the nearby fireworks displays.

Open for lunch and dinner Dress code: Casual

STEAKHOUSE
    Sear + Sea
    This signature culinary offering includes two unique experiences: the woodfire grill and the bar. Choose from a refined dining room or a more relaxed ambience by our comfortable bar area.

Open for lunch and dinner Dress code: Smart Casual

AMERICAN
    Palm Cove
    This poolside grill invigorates the senses with casual dining amid a vibrant, tropical environment. Healthy dishes, decadent snacks, signature drinks and draft beers are available.

Dress code: Casual

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It sounds as if they are trying a bit too hard to be 'creative' with their language, rather than their cuisine! 'Playful beverages', 'a nourishing note,' and 'invigorate the senses' all smack of pure marketing speak rather than something more meaningful. I'm sure the reality will be pretty positive, but I do worry when I see such patent nonsense!

Thread Information