Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Topic: Top 3 Places to Eat?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Top 3 Places to Eat?

Ok, so me, my wife, my brother and his girlfriend are going back to Orlando in May this year and I was wondering where people would recommend to eat. Basically the previous 4 times I have been there we tended to eat at places like Ponderossa, Sizzler and other restaurants close by on the 192 which were perfectly fine (but just not that particularly special), therefore If people could list their top 3 places to eat in Orlando it would be a great help. We are not particularly into dinning with characters and also please take into account that the restaurant would need to have at least one dish that is English/American on the menu (i.e. burger, chicken, steak, etc) due to me being a fussy sod. Cheers in advance for any help.

Andy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You should definitely consider the Orlando Ale House which is a local chain of sports bars with multiple locations in the area Cheap beer, cheap food and a great atmosphere. The Cheesecake Factory at the Mall at Millenia has a gargantuan menu - literally something for everyone. T-Rex Cafe at Downtown Disney is a fun environment with a varied menu. I wouldn't say these are my top 3 restaurants, but they are places we visit each time and, from what you say, I reckon would suit your party.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are you looking for restaurants that are along the moderate budget/family style lines as opposed to something more upscale? I'm assuming so, but not sure.

If you are, I would agree with Orlando Ale House. A good variety, fun atmosphere, and reasonable prices. I'd also suggest Manny's out on Hwy 27. We had excellent steaks there for a good price, and the portions are generous (plus you get bread, salad and a carb side dish). You certainly won't go away hungry. Outback Steak House is another good choice, as is Bahama Breeze. If you're looking for something healthier, you cannot beat Sweet Tomatoes.

As Deb says, these are not my Top 3 Restaurants. My top 3 would all be in the much higher priced category, and more suited to a special occasion than "everyday" dining.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There's so much choice in the 192 area. You must try Outbacks, which is an Australian steak house. I also list Cheesecake Factory up there in my top 3.

Golden Corral is great for both breakfast and dinner.

I've been doing a lot of investigating myself, as we're off in less than 3 weeks now. Smokey Bones has been recommended, as has Mannys Chophouse, but that's a tad too far out for me.
    Nov 2003 for 14 days
    Feb 2005 for 10 days
    Aug 2006 for 10 days
    Apr 2008 for 10 days
    Feb 2011 for 14 days for the Big 5-0
    Feb 2012 for 10 days for Emma's 18th
    Feb 2013 for 10 days just because!
    Feb 2014 for 7 days on site girlie trip
    Mar 2015 for 14 days for Emma's 21st

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There is a great choice along the 192, especially the stretch from the I4 to US27.

For us the top 3 along there would be Outback (at Formosa Gardens), Longhorn Steak House (at Rolling Hills) and Carrabbas. But you could also include the Orlando Ale House (as per Deb and Susan - also at Rolling Hills), Olive Garden, Sweet Tomatoes, and TGI Friday's.

Check on the various websites for their menus.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Another three that ought to tick all the boxes for you would be the revamped Chicago Uno Grill, Santa Fe Steakhouse in the Lake Buena Vista area and BJ's Brewhouse on Osceola Parkway (in the Loop West shopping centre. But you can't go wrong with any of those mentioned, either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A must do restaurant for me, is Smokey Bones on the 192/535 junction. To me it is a typical american bbq ribs/brisket/steak venue, and dare i tempt fate and say i've never had a bad meal there ;)

Funnily enough, i'd recommend I-Hop, as they serve a really good mix of food, but they are very good for breakfast and pancakes......obviously

My third choice isnt so easy, but would have to come down on a fishy restaurant. Really enjoyed Joe's Crab Shack, and wouldn't hesitate to return.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Veness View Post
    Are you looking for restaurants that are along the moderate budget/family style lines as opposed to something more upscale? I'm assuming so, but not sure.
    Yeah thats correct, nothing to expensive but Im not looking for Burger King prices either, lol

Quote Originally Posted by LeonieM View Post
    You must try Outbacks, which is an Australian steak house.
    Yeah, Outbacks was one of the ones I was thinking about myself as I ended up living on Outback food when I was in South Korea on business a couple of years ago.

Cheers for all the suggestions guys and gals, it gives me some food for thought (pardon the pun ).

add me to the 'ayes' for the ale house also 2nd the vote for outback and add the hard rock cafe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Would second Mannys, also IHOP, and the Outback.
    We like the Cheesecake Factory at the Mall of Millenia but didn't have a good experience last year. However would go back again as generally the food is good.

Thread Information