Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Topic: indirect flights

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default indirect flights

villa booked for aug now looking for flights prices are cheaper if we fly indirect but never have done that before and was wondering
    what its like to stop off somewhere ? are u exhausted when you get there and is it a hassle ? any thoughts?? thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yay on booking your villa

I've only done one indirect flight to Orlando and that was via Atlanta and to be honest it was fine
    We had enough time to stretch our legs, freshen up, and in some cases, eat

One boon was clearing immigration and customs at Atlanta, as this meant we just collected our cases and we were on our way once we had landed in Orlando ;)

I have done a few indirect flights to the States though, and as i've said, they have been fine and I wouldn't hestitate to do indirect again

while we flew direct last trip my sister opted for indirrect (200 saving) , 3 hr stopover hassle free and at the time better planes than on virgin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Only done indirect once and that was into Tampa via Washington, but with no problems and back from Orlando via Chicago, again no problems.

For us the difference in price has to be significant to make indirect worth the longer journey.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We generally go indirect when flying back and forth to the UK, and it's not as convenient as direct, of course, but it's not bad either. For a good savings, we'll certainly do it every time.

If you have a choice and the price difference isn't huge, I'd avoid Dulles. Atlanta would be my first choice, Detroit second, New York or Chicago third.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Atlanta is a really easy airport to change at.

We usually fly indirect now and (touch wood) have yet to have any significant problems

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We've flown indirect lots of times. Even with 2 stops we found it hassle free (even with Delta delays!) Just make sure you have a couple of hours between flights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Done indirect to many places and as long as you have a good gap it can actually be a little fun. If you only have a short change it can add to the stress.

Don't forget if your plane was say running late on first leg so that you know you will miss second, go to check in or ask them on checkin to reroute you to next plane. Did hat the other day on MCO. Took the worry away, meant I had my seat and next booking in hand and did not need to worry about bags etc.

Go for it.

Thread Information