Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Does Virgin Atlantic Downtown Disney Check In Still Exist?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Does Virgin Atlantic Downtown Disney Check In Still Exist?

With all the building work going on at Downtown Disney, is the Virgin Atlantic Downtown Disney check in still offered? I have never used this before, but this year this may make sense as I am planning to go to Downtown Disney the last day.

Corinna

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

According to their brochure/website they do.
    http://www.virginholidays.co.uk/order-brochure/florida
    I've never used it personally. I just don't trust handing my suitcase over unless it is in an airport!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We used this way back in 2006 and 2007. I'm not sure it is much of an advantage as it simply takes time out of your early morning and you still need to be at the airport hours before your flight. You may as well leave your bags with bell services or in the boot of your car and check them in as normal at the airport.

For you Corinna, going to DTD on your last day anyway then I can see it would work for you. If things are the same now as they were then going later will save you a lot of time standing in a queue. It used to be that everyone tried to get there as soon as it opened and a queue quickly built, but later in the time they are open no one was around as they all wanted to get to the parks early. I'm not sure what time they close, but I'd get yourself a nice breakfast at the hotel and then head over.
    5 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.

All my trip reports are now HERE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We used it in 2010... It was bundled in with the Dine With Mickey breakfast thing, then we got to spend the day at DTD which was actually a bit of a pain because at that point we had no spare clothes, little cash left and were really tired.

Checking the bags in was good though. I can imagine if you have a car it's a weight off your mind security wise if you can't leave them at the hotel or want to call anywhere before heading to the airport.
    [QII - Sept/Oct 2010], [QII - Sept/Oct 2012], [RII - Sept/Oct 2013]
    [RI Pointe - Sept/Oct 2015], [Villa - June 2016], [RII - May 2017], [POR - May 2018]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It was working last time we were there (about two weeks ago?).

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We always make use of this. It's lovely to drop your cases off and not have to think about them again, until you land at Gatwick/Manchester.

It was located up near Cirque Du Soleil, last September.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, it is definitely still operating, but we will keep track of it as the construction in the area continues as you can see it at least being impeded by all the Disney Springs work. Whether it will have to move location at some stage is a good question, but there is no sign of that happening yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It was on 11th April when we used it as you turn into the car park there are cast members directing you to the multi storey, we just told them that we were there for virgin check in and they directed us the other way to park in the normal car park .... Took us a few laps to find a space tho
    It was still at the back of cirque du soliel tent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmrevis View Post
    According to their brochure/website they do.
    http://www.virginholidays.co.uk/order-brochure/florida
    I've never used it personally. I just don't trust handing my suitcase over unless it is in an airport!
    Thanks. Working for an airline I know that there is always a risk that a suitcase goes on an epic journey all on its own and I don't think checking in offsite increases that risk. I also think security will be pretty tight.

Quote Originally Posted by spencem View Post
    For you Corinna, going to DTD on your last day anyway then I can see it would work for you. If things are the same now as they were then going later will save you a lot of time standing in a queue. It used to be that everyone tried to get there as soon as it opened and a queue quickly built, but later in the time they are open no one was around as they all wanted to get to the parks early. I'm not sure what time they close, but I'd get yourself a nice breakfast at the hotel and then head over.
    That is precisely the idea. I have a character breakfast booked that morning and then I would go back to the hotel, grab the luggage and get a taxi to downtown Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by kaytronika View Post
    We used it in 2010... It was bundled in with the Dine With Mickey breakfast thing, then we got to spend the day at DTD which was actually a bit of a pain because at that point we had no spare clothes, little cash left and were really tired.

Checking the bags in was good though. I can imagine if you have a car it's a weight off your mind security wise if you can't leave them at the hotel or want to call anywhere before heading to the airport.
    Bundling it with a character breakfast sounds like a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Veness View Post
    It was working last time we were there (about two weeks ago?).
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerBell's Sis View Post
    We always make use of this. It's lovely to drop your cases off and not have to think about them again, until you land at Gatwick/Manchester.

It was located up near Cirque Du Soleil, last September.
    That is what I figured. It will be nice not to have to worry about the luggage and having to queue at the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Veness View Post
    Yes, it is definitely still operating, but we will keep track of it as the construction in the area continues as you can see it at least being impeded by all the Disney Springs work. Whether it will have to move location at some stage is a good question, but there is no sign of that happening yet.
    Thanks. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by ELAINE View Post
    It was on 11th April when we used it as you turn into the car park there are cast members directing you to the multi storey, we just told them that we were there for virgin check in and they directed us the other way to park in the normal car park .... Took us a few laps to find a space tho
    It was still at the back of cirque du soliel tent
    That sounds quite complex. I hope the local taxi drivers would know where to go.

Corinna

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

dolphingirl, working for an airline as I do you should know it's not usually the airline but the ground handling agents that lose the bags. Mentioning no names Menzies, Swisport and Asig

Thread Information