Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: First trip to Disneyland Paris in nearly 6 years

Which hotel are you staying at?

Are you sure you get EMH at the Studios? We went during Feb half term and the EMH only applied at the main park (and then only for a few "lesser" attractions). But as you're not going during school hols then hopefully queues shouldn't be too bad.

Crush's Coaster is a great ride, but there is NO fastpass, so this is one you need to head to first.

Without a doubt, the new Ratatouille ride - and the whole area - is a an absolute must. During our week we only got one ride, due to "technical issues". If it's open, go on it!! Don't wait or it might be broken!

And Disney Dreams is worth turning up for early - if you can get a central spot in front of the castle it will blow you away.

Wrap up warm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ncw999 View Post
    Which hotel are you staying at?
    I am staying offsite at the Ibis Hotel Marne-la-Vallee Champs. We stayed there on a number of occasions and this is about the same distance from the local RER station as the parks are from the RER station at Disneyland and is 6 stops on the RER. I get the EMH as a benefit of having an annual pass.

Are you sure you get EMH at the Studios? We went during Feb half term and the EMH only applied at the main park (and then only for a few "lesser" attractions). But as you're not going during school hols then hopefully queues shouldn't be too bad.
    I would much rather have EMH at Disneyland, but according to the calendar on the official website, it will be Walt Disney Studios.

Crush's Coaster is a great ride, but there is NO fastpass, so this is one you need to head to first.
    I will pass on this. I did this in 2007 and was absolutely terrified. Even on the likes of Tower of Terror I suffer in silence, but on Crush's Coaster I was so terrified that I was screaming my lungs out.

Without a doubt, the new Ratatouille ride - and the whole area - is a an absolute must. During our week we only got one ride, due to "technical issues". If it's open, go on it!! Don't wait or it might be broken!
    Thanks for the heads up. I have 4.5 days to play with. The day I arrive, I will head to Disneyland as I need to sort out my annual pass, but will probably go to Walt Disney Studios the next day.

And Disney Dreams is worth turning up for early - if you can get a central spot in front of the castle it will blow you away.
    Thanks again. I have not managed to find any information yet if this will be shown daily while I am there, but if it is, I will make sure to see it a few times. My only worry is that the Christmas version which will be shown while I am there is as much of a turkey as World of Color Winter Dreams at California Adventure. The saving grace is that most likely I will be back in September for the inaugural half marathon weekend and will get to see the original then.

Wrap up warm
    All but the most recent trip to Disneyland Paris have been in November or December so I will be prepared.

Corinna

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I should really go ............ just once but i have never been to Disneyland Paris.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My sister got back yesterday ... They used to go every October , but this is the first time in 3 years and she was appalled at "the state if the place" . She said the parks felt "grubby" and that the rides had weeds growing around them and were covered in moss. Apparently in years gone by there were characters around the park for Halloween as well as stilt walkers etc but this year they didn't come across a single one. They haven't been to Florida (not good flyers) but had decided that she's going to have to if this is the way DLP is going overall she said they had a good time because after all it is still Disney themed but was really disappointed .... Be interesting to hear if you get the same impression DG when you go this month ?
    (She loved the ratatouille ride and restaurant though so I may have to go just to visit them )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That sounds ominous, Elaine. I know there are some financial issues at DLP with maintenance and investment, but it should never be that obvious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ELAINE View Post
    My sister got back yesterday ... They used to go every October , but this is the first time in 3 years and she was appalled at "the state if the place" . She said the parks felt "grubby" and that the rides had weeds growing around them and were covered in moss. Apparently in years gone by there were characters around the park for Halloween as well as stilt walkers etc but this year they didn't come across a single one. They haven't been to Florida (not good flyers) but had decided that she's going to have to if this is the way DLP is going overall she said they had a good time because after all it is still Disney themed but was really disappointed .... Be interesting to hear if you get the same impression DG when you go this month ?
    (She loved the ratatouille ride and restaurant though so I may have to go just to visit them )
    Interesting because we started going to DLP at the time of the improvements to the parks and some of the hotels. I remember walking up to Newport Bay and it was in a right state, now been done up.
    The Sante Fe back then didn't resemble anything you would imagine a Disney hotel to look like - from the outside I wouldn't have paid to stay there!

I have to admit especially the visits around the 20th Celebrations the Disneyland Park looked fantastic, but I know they had spent a lot of effort on improving the park. For instance I saw pictures of the Pirate ship a few years ago and it really was in desperate need of a makeover - before they put that right. The Castle and some of the buildings on Main Street were the same. Generally though for me the main park isn't the problem.
    I think the Studios does suffer from a distinct lack of theming and imagination, it leaves me a bit cold to be honest & the Village has long needed 'something'.

We aren't great flyers either, not necessarily the prime reason we went to DLP - we have kind of stopped because of a feeling that having lived it up 3 times at the Disneyland Hotel, we felt there wasn't anything more we could really do there.
    Partly as the Studios & Village don't really do it for us.

If they knocked the latter down and rebuilt it , then that could transform DLP because where it is located it needs to be and should be a great place to go as a contrast to the parks.
    Last edited by Johnny Sharp; 01-11-2015 at 05:23 PM.
    "No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child. Thank god Joshua has a very tall dad!" - Deb Ireland 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ELAINE View Post
    That really surprises me. I have read other reviews from people who have recently been and they reported that there were loads of characters around for the Halloween season including villains, Jack Skellington and Sally and the classic characters in Halloween costumes. I did not hear anything about things looking worse for wear either. I will definitely keep my eyes open and report back.

Corinna

Thread Information