Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Topic: Security at Disneyland Paris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Security at Disneyland Paris

I thought I get back here with an update on the security arrangements at Disneyland Paris. I have to say, this was interesting. I was there three days and on each day it was different. The only thing that was consistent was that all bags are now x-rayed, which actually is not only a safer option, but also a heck of a lot more efficient.

Friday
    Security was fairly low key. The bags were x-rayed and the cast member at the front of the x-ray machine asked people to open their coats. Random people were scanned with metal detector wands. I must have looked honest as I was waived through.

Saturday
    Complete and utter chaos. The whole area between the station, the fence for Disney Village and the fence leading down to the parks was wall to wall people. I actually felt that this was a thread to security. It would have been easy for somebody up to no good to exploit this. It took me an hour to get through security that day. The practicalities were similar to the day before, but they had additionally set up metal detector frames.

Sunday
    Much calmer that day and about 5 minute wait at security. The metal detector frames had gone again. The bags were x-rayed and the cast member at the front of the x-ray machine asked people to open their coats. Everybody was scanned with metal detector wands.

The set up on Sunday seemed to work best and felt the most secure.

Corinna

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for the update. Good to know what's going on, and interesting that there is such inconsistency. Could you see any reason for it?
    Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Veness View Post
    Thank you for the update. Good to know what's going on, and interesting that there is such inconsistency. Could you see any reason for it?
    Not really. The only thing I may give them is that on the Sunday they had learned their lesson from the Saturday and tried something different.

Corinna

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have just come back from another magical trip to Disneyland Paris and they have definitely sorted this out. Security is now smooth and consistent. One thing that I welcome is that not only do they insist that all bags, etc. are taken out of buggies, but the buggies themselves have to be folded up and put through the x-ray machine. This just leaves the issue of wheelchairs now and I cannot see how they can get around this.

Corinna

Thread Information