Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Topic: New York - Hotel Recommendation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default New York - Hotel Recommendation

Hello

We came back from our trip last week and started off in NYC with 3 nights at Radio City Apartments.
    We would highly recommend and will definitely return again.
    I thought I'd share a little about it in case it's helpful to anyone else.

It's perfect for families.
    We stayed in room 510. (A standard double room)

There was a twin room (2 queens) on the left as we entered on the left with a big flat screen tv on the wall.
    A bathroom straight ahead from the front door. Spacious for a hotel with powerful shower over the bath. It was nice having the choice of both. The kids really liked having a soak after lots of walking.

Then on the right as you went through the door it was open planned.
    A kitchenette. Although we didn't need the kitchen it was great having a decent sized fridge.
    There was a table and 4 chairs, a decent size bed sofa and a small area for coffee table etc.
    There was another large flat screen tv on the wall in here.

It felt so spacious.
    Plus it meant with the bed sofa, the kids had a bed each.
    They also enjoyed watching tv when we had a little down time in the lounge area and we had our space in the bedroom to relax a little.
    The TV was like our on demand with lots of choice of programmes.

We knew it wasn't fancy and needs an update, but it was better than I expected. Spotlessly clean and very very friendly and helpful staff.
    We were so impressed.

The other thing we liked was that although it's by Times Square the road it's on is a little quieter. There's an area on the road opposite with tables outside for coffee and it just felt less congested but safe.

We'd made a table booking in Olive Garden in Times square one evening. It took us from our room on the 5th floor to check in at Olive Garden just 6 mins.
    It's a great location.

It was handy having Toasties next door.
    Great for grabbing bottles of water and sodas. We grabbed lunch one day too and muffins another as we were starting our roadtrip first thing. These were huge for breakfast.
    We also bought slices of pizza to go from the pizzeria next door one day which was so good and only $2.50 for a huge slice.

The subway is on the same street, just a 3 min walk.

Seriously... this place is a great find.

We stayed in the Marriott in DC after this and were so disappointed.
    Much nicer to look at, but we had so many problems and need to complain now. Although booking a double room they only had a single when we arrived at 3.30pm despite paying in advance but were fully booked and our teens had to share a small bed sofa. Then they didn't have spare pillows or blankets for them, then there was issues with the valet parking too, plus blocked loos.

Radio City might not look fancy when you first arrive, but they won handsdown for us.

Hope this helps
    ***Lisa***

--1994 Evansville, Indiana - Kentucky - Memphis - Illinois --- 1996 LA - San Diego - San Fran - Las Vegas - Grand Canyon -- 1997 New York - 1998 Evansville, Indiana - St Louis -- 1998 New York - St Lucia --2000 Evansville, Indiana - Nashville - Chicago -- 2001 Clearwater -- 2007 Orlando -- 2010 Orlando -- 2012 Orlando -- 2013 LA -- Oct 2014 Orlando -- Mar 2016 Roadtrip NYC/DC/Virginia/Tennessee/Indiana/Kentucky -- 2017 Orlando

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by funkyfairy View Post

We stayed in the Marriott in DC after this and were so disappointed.)

That was the one we had looked for our stay there i think, i'll make sure i cross it off the list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Superspur View Post
    That was the one we had looked for our stay there i think, i'll make sure i cross it off the list
    Please don't not stay there just because of our unfortunate experience.

The actual hotel was lovely.
    Ade and I enjoyed a couple of beers in the bar, there's a sweet outside area with a fire.
    The location is great. 10 min walk to the Lincoln Memorial and 10 to the White House.
    30 min walk to Georgetown.
    We really recommend the Founding Farmers restaurant less than 5 mins walk away.

There's a starbucks on site and on the corner.
    The rooms are great, we just didn't get what we'd paid for.
    The staff were helpful and we did get reimbursed for the non valet parking.

We even said that we would stay again.
    We were just unlucky.
    It was Easter weekend, they must have over booked and ran out of parking space and didn't quite handle things as well as they could have.
    ***Lisa***

--1994 Evansville, Indiana - Kentucky - Memphis - Illinois --- 1996 LA - San Diego - San Fran - Las Vegas - Grand Canyon -- 1997 New York - 1998 Evansville, Indiana - St Louis -- 1998 New York - St Lucia --2000 Evansville, Indiana - Nashville - Chicago -- 2001 Clearwater -- 2007 Orlando -- 2010 Orlando -- 2012 Orlando -- 2013 LA -- Oct 2014 Orlando -- Mar 2016 Roadtrip NYC/DC/Virginia/Tennessee/Indiana/Kentucky -- 2017 Orlando

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can't see us ever visiting either place for a holiday, but useful to know if work ever takes me that way.
    5 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.

All my trip reports are now HERE.

Thread Information