Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Topic: Thomson 90 day seat reservation rule changed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Thomson 90 day seat reservation rule changed

In case anyone is interested, just had an email (17-11-2016) confirming seat bookings for our flight out to Orlando on Thomson Dreamliner for next May.

Spoke to the travel agents, and apparently Thomson have changed their system from today, it's no longer 90 days from your return date, if you have premium/extraleg room purchased.
    Here is the confirmation email I received:

Dear Mr Wickett,

This is confirmation of additional services selected for booking reference *********

If you have purchased one of our seating products (Standard Seats, Extra Space, Extra Legroom or Premium Club seats), confirmation of your seat numbers and the price paid are displayed below

If you have simply amended your seat numbers within the same seating product, your revised seat numbers and the original price paid are detailed below. Please note, however, that in this case you have not been charged again

If you make any changes to your flight, whether that's the time, date or number of passengers, you'll need to let us know about any new seating requirements once those changes have been confirmed.

Itís really important you check in online to confirm your seating requests. This receipt wonít be accepted by airport check-in staff as final confirmation of your seat number. To complete online check-in you must print boarding passes for you and all other passengers on your booking. You can check-in online from 14 days before your departure date. Just so you know online check in closes 6 hours prior to your departure for flights from the UK and Republic of Ireland, and 25 hours prior to your departure for flights to the UK and Republic of Ireland. Your initials and the spelling of your name must be identical on your ticket and in your passport.

In some circumstances, we may have to change your seat. This would only be for operational, safety or security reasons.

Select Your Seat Service is provided using the Civil Aviation Authority guidelines, therefore certain requirements must be satisfied before we can allocate seats near the exit.

If we do have to change your seat, we'll try to keep it as close to what you booked as possible.email
    Last edited by JonathanW; 18-11-2016 at 09:37 AM.
    1992/1996/2002/2004/2007/2013 - Quality Inn International Orlando
    1996 Bahamas
    1997 - Cuba
    1993/2001/2003/2006/2009 - Egypt
    1995 - Malta
    1998/2000 - Turkey
    2005 - Tunisia
    2008 - Dominican Republic
    2011 - Jamaica
    2015 - Quality Inn International Orlando/Tenerife
    2016 - Tenerife/Malta

i am totally missing this one, i cannot see anywhere, where it says it has changed ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The change went as follows:

I receieved an email from Thomson ( 2 days ago) confirming my seat allocation for May 2017. The usual 90 day limit meant I was due to be able to select a seat until Feburary. So I phoned the travel agent who confirmed to me that the 90 day thing had changed for those who have pre paid Premium, extra leg room seating. I was then able to reselect my prefered option there and then on the phone. Lots of other members on another forum have taken up the chance to select their seats as late as August next year.

Thomson's have supposedly emailed anyone that is entitled to select their seats, but not all have received that email. Hope this clarifys the change.

Jonathan.
    1992/1996/2002/2004/2007/2013 - Quality Inn International Orlando
    1996 Bahamas
    1997 - Cuba
    1993/2001/2003/2006/2009 - Egypt
    1995 - Malta
    1998/2000 - Turkey
    2005 - Tunisia
    2008 - Dominican Republic
    2011 - Jamaica
    2015 - Quality Inn International Orlando/Tenerife
    2016 - Tenerife/Malta

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Useful info

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We got an email from them a while back and booked the front 3 middle seats in Premium Club.
    "No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child. Thank god Joshua has a very tall dad!" - Deb Ireland 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We have always paid to choose our seats (albeit that we can't afford premium so can only do it 90 days out ) so that we can choose the seats that are a pair where the plane narrows at the rear ... apparently these are no longer available for pre booking with Thomson (or so our friends have just discovered) ... I need to check this out before I book with Thomson again

Thread Information