Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  26
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Topic: Orlando Hotel Reviews

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Our latest batch of hotel reviews for the Telegraph Travel, from our extended trip to the West Palm Beach and Jensen Beach areas, are now online, looking at the uber-cool quartet of The Breakers Palm Beach, Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa, The Brazilian Court Hotel and the new Hutchinson Shores Resort & Spa. Here are the links:

Hutchinson Shores

Brazilian Court

The Breakers

Eau Palm Beach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We're WAY overdue to update this thread, so here are our latest batch of hotel reviews for the Telegraph, some for Orlando but also others from all over the state in recent months:

Grove Resort & Spa, Orlando (Kissimmee, actually!)

Hard Rock Hotel, Daytona Beach

Wyndham Grand, Orlando

Westgate River Ranch, Polk County

Hutchinson Shores Resort & Spa, Jensen Beach

Club Med Sandpiper Bay, Port St Lucie

The Collector Inn, St Augustine

Hammock Beach Resort, Palm Coast (north of Daytona)

Bilmar Beach Resort, Treasure Island

Westshore Grand, Tampa

PS: More soon!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm surprised to read there are no children's activity programmes at Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek. Admittedly, it's a few years since we stayed there, but all the facilities of the Bonnet Creek resort were open to those staying at the Grand. There was all sorts going on—day and night—for kids, including pool games, family karaoke, outdoor movies, bouncy castle parties and scavenger hunts. In addition to the scheduled activities, the resort has 5 pools (excluding the one at the Grand) two of them with lazy rivers and one with an incredible pirate ship (right next door to the Grand). It also has two playgrounds for little ones (a regular one and a water one), an activities centre, a craft centre, an arcade and a mini-golf course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In terms of the Telegraph, we have to treat the hotel as a stand-alone review. The hotel, as it stands, doesn't offer any particular kids programmes. But, as Deb points out, it does have other features nearby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's a shame and a bit short-sighted of the Telegraph as I'd say it's a bum steer in this case. Of all the upmarket resorts we've experienced outside the Disney and Universal ones, Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek stood out to us as THE most family-friendly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The facilities of the entire resort are advertised as being part of the Grand's line-up. I know, I know, I'm like a dog with a bone.

https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/wyndha...ices-amenities

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We do a stay or a walk-though for every hotel we review, and there are specific instructions for things we have to look for as regards each category. We often mention family amenities in sections other than the final Family Friendly section (as we did with this one), and because of word-count break-down in reviews that have a LOT of amenities to fit into the word count total, we sometimes use Family Friendly as the specific section for organized kids activities. There is a children's pool (which is mentioned), but no organized pool ACTIVITIES, no kids club, and no other features SPECIFIC to children. Reviews are an overview rather than a comprehensive feature-by-feature listing. Word counts and section break-downs can be so restricting at times!
    Last edited by Susan Veness; 11-08-2018 at 08:36 PM.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Our latest batch of Florida hotel reviews for the Telegraph Travel are now all online, featuring the fabulous Naples and Marco Island area of Florida:

The heavily renovated JW Marriott Marco Island: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/d...-resort-hotel/

The beachfront Hilton Marco Island (which has also just been refurbished): https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/d...and-spa-hotel/

The hugely stylish Naples Grande: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/d...-grande-hotel/

And the chic boutique style of LaPlaya Beach Resort: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/d...-resort-hotel/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Some great reviews there and they all look very nice places. While we've been to Naples a couple of times we have not made it on to Marco Island (we struggle to get past Sanibel these days!!).

But I notice that they all have a resort fee, compulsory probably, which really annoys me. Why not add it to the normal rate and be done with!?!
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggers Friend View Post
    But I notice that they all have a resort fee, compulsory probably, which really annoys me. Why not add it to the normal rate and be done with!?!
    Yes, that's very true, and very irksome. I do wish they wouldn't, but it does seem that many upscale resorts think they need to include it, especially when it includes WiFi (which many much cheaper hotels include for free).

Thread Information