Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  17
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Topic: Disneyland Paris Advice

Rachwalsh is offline Used The "We Booked Again" Salve To Ease Pain Of Return From Orlando!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
    Welcome back, not visited Dip so can't help with any questions but hope you have a lovely time when you go.
    Thanks catlady

Rachwalsh is offline Used The "We Booked Again" Salve To Ease Pain Of Return From Orlando!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Superspur View Post
    They will be interesting to read as we are THINKING of doing 2 nights there this June. I looked on the Disney official site and they wanted around £1400 minimum for 2 nights per person with park tickets including Eurostar returns from London. £2800 for 2 nights i could have a week in Orlando for that.

I found a website on line offering 2 nights at the Kyriad hotel which has free park shuttles with park tickets for 3 days, breakfast included for £236 per person, we'd just need to get our Eurostar tickets seperately but i can get those for £60 each so £296 per person for 2 nights seems a reasonable deal which includes the hotel, breakfast, park tickets and our train tickets.

We could always go for 3 nights for £288 if we would need the 3 nights. I was thinking of arriving on the Monday afternoon then the Tuesday at one park, check out Wednesday morning and spend the day at the other park before returning home on the evening Eurostar. If that is too hectic we could always do the 3 nights.

Wow that is a lot!!! We shopped around and initially we were going for 3 nights which at the Cheyenne came out (without dining plan) as £1500 for 3 of us and we were a little put off by that and than after looking on here I saw the 2 nights free deal mention, which I knew is on at the moment and so I wondered why it was coming out so expensive. I looked again and there is a minimum 4 night stay so I tried for for 4 nights and it came out as £960 for all 3 of us.

Although I accept it is still not cheap and not as good as the deal you found, because DS is so toy story mad and the rooms are toy story themed, we went for it. I accept this is accommodation and tickets only but it may be something you might want to look at. The deal ends 5th February.

We are getting the ferry over and then having a week in a villa in central France after - I think i may need a relaxing break after

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi Rachwalsh and welcome back.

I'm firmly in the like DLP camp and everyone said that I wouldn't like it after Florida, but they were wrong.
    Love the Disneyland Park and I bet you are blown away walking down to the park entrance

Go to the parks with an open mind as if you are visiting a theme park for the first time and I think you ill be pleasantly surprised.
    We have stayed at the Cheyenne and find it fine. If the weather is good, it is nice stroll along the river and into the village, then the parks and security tends to be quieter this way too.
    The bus service is good too.

I see you have half board, which we haven't done, but the lunch offerings are good too and to us, we think they are good value. An adult meal of main, side, dessert and drink is between 12.99-14.99 euros.
    There are plenty of water fountains too which are safe to drink, so if you take some squashed squash, you have a ready supply of drinks.

A tip is to greet the French cm's in French, with a few merci's and au revoir's and you will find that they will happily switch to English, and if the don't le petit francais is a good phrase. A lot of them are younger and working to improve their languages before moving onto to better jobs, so they are happy to chat away in English.

As you are driving down, the toll road last year was just under 22 euros each way and their service stations are very good. Peron [sp] is roughly half way.

Have a fantastic time and as we have now been moved 15 months, I completely understand about getting straight and there are only us two oldies to manage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They will be interesting to read as we are THINKING of doing 2 nights there this June. I looked on the Disney official site and they wanted around £1400 minimum for 2 nights per person with park tickets including Eurostar returns from London. £2800 for 2 nights i could have a week in Orlando for that.

I found a website on line offering 2 nights at the Kyriad hotel which has free park shuttles with park tickets for 3 days, breakfast included for £236 per person, we'd just need to get our Eurostar tickets seperately but i can get those for £60 each so £296 per person for 2 nights seems a reasonable deal which includes the hotel, breakfast, park tickets and our train tickets.

We could always go for 3 nights for £288 if we would need the 3 nights. I was thinking of arriving on the Monday afternoon then the Tuesday at one park, check out Wednesday morning and spend the day at the other park before returning home on the evening Eurostar. If that is too hectic we could always do the 3 nights.
    Superspur, just a few things to remember if booking an offsite hotel [on the prices you have been quoted I'd be offsite too] the shuttles often don't run late enough for the night time shows are you definitely don't want to miss these. If they do run late, don't lag behind to miss the crush leaving the parks as there may only be one shuttle so a long wait for it to return.

I see you are considering June, we went in June last year and some of our days coincided with the Spanish holidays, so it was much busier than I expected, but still manageable, but you may want to see if you can avoid this week.

Personally I would opt for three nights so you have two full days in the parks as you would be hard pushed to do it all in two days. The Studios still close fairly early 6 or 7 pm in the week but DLP closes with the night time show as it doesn't get dark till gone 11pm this time of year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi good to see you back we have not been to DLP but itís on the horizon for 2019
    orlando aug 2000 2005 2007 2009 2013 2015 2016 2017
    Honolulu 2017
    Maui march 2008 2016
    New York 2010 2016
    Kefalonia 2010 - 2017
    Crete 2011
    Thassos 2015
    New Orleans/ Memphis 2016
    Paris March 2012
    Tenerife March 2013
    Parga 2014 2016
    Tenerife 2013
    Antigua St Lucia Grenada Barbados 2017
    Santorini 2018
    Venice 2014

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by *** kitten View Post
    Superspur, just a few things to remember if booking an offsite hotel [on the prices you have been quoted I'd be offsite too] the shuttles often don't run late enough for the night time shows are you definitely don't want to miss these. If they do run late, don't lag behind to miss the crush leaving the parks as there may only be one shuttle so a long wait for it to return.

I see you are considering June, we went in June last year and some of our days coincided with the Spanish holidays, so it was much busier than I expected, but still manageable, but you may want to see if you can avoid this week.

Personally I would opt for three nights so you have two full days in the parks as you would be hard pushed to do it all in two days. The Studios still close fairly early 6 or 7 pm in the week but DLP closes with the night time show as it doesn't get dark till gone 11pm this time of year.

I'll have a look in to that. The hotel is the Kyriad hotel which it sounds like is only 1.2 miles from the park and has a free shuttle. I shall e-mail them to get some more info as the website isn't that clear. However, it has just become even cheaper The website offering the deal is Super Break but they are also on cashback websites. I checked Top cashback and they will give back 9.45% but the one I use as a TFL employee is called MYTFL and they are actually offering a 13% discount rather than cashback.

The dates are flexible as we have 2 weeks leave, last week in May and the first week in June and we were looking at the 2nd week but maybe we'll look at the first week. I have never been to Disneyland Paris so would really love to go just to see what it is like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yup just paid £2228 for return flights Edi via London BA to Orlando, at Christmas including 3 nights Hard Rock! For 3 people!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Heard back from the Kyriad, now i just have to decide on dates and whether we can actually afford it or not.

Hello,

Thanks for choosing kyriad hotel disneyland paris.

You have a free shuttle that runs from the eurostar station to our hotel every 15 mins from 8am till midnight.

You would still be able to use the shuttle to the park after checking out and its free for you .

We have a room where you would be able to leave your luggages after checking out.

Hope all this information would help you .

Best regards,

Wasiu.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by *** kitten View Post
    Hi Rachwalsh and welcome back.

I'm firmly in the like DLP camp and everyone said that I wouldn't like it after Florida, but they were wrong.
    Love the Disneyland Park and I bet you are blown away walking down to the park entrance

Go to the parks with an open mind as if you are visiting a theme park for the first time and I think you ill be pleasantly surprised.
    We have stayed at the Cheyenne and find it fine. If the weather is good, it is nice stroll along the river and into the village, then the parks and security tends to be quieter this way too.
    The bus service is good too.

I see you have half board, which we haven't done, but the lunch offerings are good too and to us, we think they are good value. An adult meal of main, side, dessert and drink is between 12.99-14.99 euros.
    There are plenty of water fountains too which are safe to drink, so if you take some squashed squash, you have a ready supply of drinks.

A tip is to greet the French cm's in French, with a few merci's and au revoir's and you will find that they will happily switch to English, and if the don't le petit francais is a good phrase. A lot of them are younger and working to improve their languages before moving onto to better jobs, so they are happy to chat away in English.

As you are driving down, the toll road last year was just under 22 euros each way and their service stations are very good. Peron [sp] is roughly half way.

Have a fantastic time and as we have now been moved 15 months, I completely understand about getting straight and there are only us two oldies to manage
    Thanks SK - I'm glad the Cheyenne is ok - I was a little dubious but it was the toy story theme that sold it. We have got full board so will have plenty of food are there any restaurants you would recommend?

I speak a little French (from GCSE - many years ago!) and DH speaks some so hopefully we will win the cast member's over

I am excited to explore and DH has banned me from Orlando until 2020 and so at least I will get my Disney fix

I hadn't realised you moved too - I hope it all went well - the last year just seems a blur to me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rachwalsh View Post
    Thanks SK - I'm glad the Cheyenne is ok - I was a little dubious but it was the toy story theme that sold it. We have got full board so will have plenty of food are there any restaurants you would recommend?

We all like Annettes, and there breakfast is good if you can have it in there and I have never had a bad late afternoon buffet in Plaza Gardens. This May we will be doing the character breakfast as we will have three of the grandchildren with us
    But other than that, I don't know which restaurants you are allowed to eat in and we don't tend to do many TS restaurants as we find their CS meals are good.

I hadn't realised you moved too - I hope it all went well - the last year just seems a blur to me!
    Yes, and then we almost immediately had a conservatory added on to the kitchen as a dining room, but this involved putting a door in and moving the washing machine into our large bathroom, losing a cupboard etc so we thought it prudent to put a new kitchen in too and new windows and doors, so everything needed decorating

We are in the throes of doing the sitting room, and then the hall, which will just leave the spare bedroom, but they may well get left till next year as we hope to do lots more in the garden this summer.

Our motto is slow but steady will get it done, but will agree with you, that first year has flown by in a blur.

Just as an aside, if you look back to last June/July time, my brother Spencem posted a trip report of our trip there in June. We stayed at the Cheyenne and it also does pony rides in the mornings, but I know he had some pictures of the room and resort

Thread Information