Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  1

Topic: Disney Californa

Default Disney Californa

Hey everyone,

Hope you are all well ?

After 7 years in a row in Orlando and mainly due to the fact our holiday price to Orlando for 2018 has went up 1000 from this years we are thinking of doing Disney in California next year and I was wondering if anyone has any advice regarding this.

We are thinking of flying to LA and doing Universal and Warner Bros studio tour then taking the train from LA to Anaheim spending time at Disney and then going to San Diego and having a week there that will include Seaworld Aquatica etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciate on any of the above also if there is anywhere else around this area we could visit?

Thanks
    Nicola x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any advice I have is probably well out of date as it is 20 years ago this year that we visited Disneyland and then Sea World San Diego as part of a tour of the US.

Back then it was only the original park, but we enjoyed it as you could sense Walt's hand in the design. For us it was not quite as good as WDW as many of the rides could not accommodate our son's wheelchair so he ended up being a bit disappointed at that, but meeting his favourite character Tigger made up for that!

San Diego is a great place to stay, we really enjoyed it, and Sea World, while smaller than Orlando, was a great place with much of the usual fare.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Long Beach, particularly if you are there spring or autumn as the boat trips from the harbour offer whale watching. To the South Laguna and venice, a glimpse of a californian life style that is fast disappearing. Queen Mary is an interesting half day out.

San Diego is a beautiful city, lovely beaches to the north, good Kayaking if you like that sort of thing.

California Disney is much smaller than Florida, easy to do in 3 days, probably less. There are other theme parks around if thats what you want.

Anaheim Station to Disney needs a taxi or the resort bus, I have walked it but its long and not very interesting.

Baseball tickets are easy to get.

The train service up and down that coast is pretty good.

Very different to Florida.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry can't help but i have heard really good things about San Diego. It's not on our trip this time but we'll be in LA in about 7 weeks time but we're only staying one night, just enough time to see the Hollywood sign and the Boulevard. You could always take in an NFL game as i think the Rams now actually play in LA.

Begin your morning at California Adventure and get FastPasses for World of Color.
    Last edited by Sloan Traves; 18-07-2017 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Wrong spelling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've been lucky enough to visit several times as I used to work for a company based just up the road from Disneyland. It is a little out of date now but you can take a look at my trip report below from our 2008/2009 visit.

San Diego also has a fantastic zoo and wildlife park to go with SeaWorld, as well as a very attractive 'old town' district.

If you are into big rides then Magic Moutain just north of LA is not to be missed. Knotts Berry Farm close to Disney is a great park as well. There is a Legoland park about half way between Anaheim and San Diego.

The actual Hollywood area is extremely tacky and best avoided to be honest.
    5 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.

All my trip reports are now HERE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spencem View Post

The actual Hollywood area is extremely tacky and best avoided to be honest.

I've heard which is why we're only staying one night just to say we have done the tourist, tacky stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree with everything already posted (not necessarily which park to start with; check hours, etc...), and would add that a day at San Diego Zoo Safari Park (formerly Wild Animal Park) is a good day out, too. And the San Diego Zoo is world-renowned.

That said, I agree that seeing more of the area outside the parks is well worth doing. It's quite an interesting city.

Must agree with avoiding Hollywood. Not a nice area at all.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Thread Information