Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Topic: Chilling at DLP Background and Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Chilling at DLP Background and Index

Hello and welcome to another trip report, this time of our recent trip to Disneyland Paris. On this occasion there would be just the three of us. The difference with this trip report is that I (Edward) have been left in charge of this trip report; as I'm the one who has frequent days off and the spare time to put this together. Some of you will know that I wrote a small part of our Florida trip report from last year, and that seemed to go down fairly well.

Mum and Dad first visited Paris back in June but without me, as I was rostered to be working. At the end of their trip they announced that the three of us needed to visit. It was quickly decided that we should all visit whilst it was still the 25th Anniversary and once the Christmas decorations were up. As a result, Disney's website was monitored and eventually a decent deal appeared that would see us staying 5 days, 4 nights at the Hotel Chyenne from 3rd to 7th December with park tickets at just shy of 615.

A Euro tunnel booking was soon added on as we'd be driving down due to the amount of stuff we'd be taking with us. Not least Mum's ECV, as due to various medical complaints she can't stand or walk for long. Plus, after the faff they had back in June of renting a manual wheelchair, she'd decided it was easier to purchase her own ECV and take that with us.

About a week before we were due to go, we had a phone call from Disney in Florida; telling us that they were moving our room to a Montana Room in the Sequoia Lodge as Chyenne was apparently full (we deliberately booked this week as we thought it'd be quiet). This we didn't argue with as this was an upgrade for us, and now meant the parks were in walking distance. The only issue was that Disney never emailed me a new booking confirmation which we assumed was going to cause all sorts of hilarity at check in. I did eventually receive said email, two days into the trip.

Day 1 is here
    Day 2 is here
    Day 3 is here
    Day 4 is here
    Day 5 is here
    Last edited by spencem; 24-03-2018 at 11:25 AM.
    5 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.

All my trip reports are now HERE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great start and nice to see you doing the trip report

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great start, Edward. Glad to see the family trip reports are in safe hands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OMG!!! I should have read this one first, rather than the first one in the list. My embarrassment is complete!

So sorry, Edward. I thought the other report was your dad, talking about HIS parents. I did wonder....but who am I to judge?

Just delighted to see you posting reports. I loved your additions to the previous ones. Very glad to see this latest venture to DLP. ;xmas:

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Veness View Post
    OMG!!! I should have read this one first, rather than the first one in the list. My embarrassment is complete!

So sorry, Edward. I thought the other report was your dad, talking about HIS parents. I did wonder....but who am I to judge?

Just delighted to see you posting reports. I loved your additions to the previous ones. Very glad to see this latest venture to DLP. ;xmas:
    Oh Susan, if only you knew my parents you'd understand why we've all been rolling around on the floor laughing for the last half an hour thinking about them riding Big Thunder or Space Mountain or even Pirates.
    5 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.

All my trip reports are now HERE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I feel like a complete twonk.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great start Edward
    orlando aug 2000 2005 2007 2009 2013 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019
    Honolulu 2008 2016 2017 2018
    Maui march 2008 2016 2018
    New York 2010 2016 2018
    Kefalonia 2010 - 2019
    Crete Thassos Parga Santorini
    Vancouver 2018
    New Orleans/ Memphis 2016
    Detroit 2019 Minneapolis 2019 Des Moines 2019
    Paris March 2012
    Tenerife March 2013
    Alaska cruise
    Tenerife 2013
    Antigua St Lucia Grenada Barbados Cuba Grand Cayman Jamaica Bahamas Mexico
    Prague Budapest
    Venice 2014
    Split Croatia 2019

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I’m impressed by the speed with which you’ve started this Edward ... seem to remember there might have been a bit of a delay with the last one (not that I as queen of the incomplete trip report can comment )

.... looking forward to the rest

Thread Information