Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The Dolphin Hotel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The Dolphin Hotel

As in the Swan & Dolphin hotels i always thought were Disney hotels full stop but someone asked a question with regards the Fastpass window and i told him he would get 60 days but as it isn't Disney owned his travel operator has told him he only gets 30 days. I have looked in to the hotel and it seems the land it sits on is Disneys but the hotel is a joint venture between a group of companies and is leased to someone else and operated by the Starwood hotels under the Sheraton brand. Confusing?

So the simple question is, someone staying at this hotel whoever their tour company is, should they get the 60 day FP window? They are definately getting the Extra Magic hours but it seems the Magic bands will only arrive in their tour package stuff about a month in advance apparently, does that sound correct? I thought hotel guests got the bands when they checked in to the hotel rather than sent to them. For anyone who has stayed at a Disney hotel, how does the 60 day window FP thing actually work and the Mydisney experience thing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Guests at the Swan and Dolphin have been able to benefit from the 60-day FP+ booking window for some time now. Can they see their hotel booking on MDE? If not, they need to get on to their travel agent because that's how they'll be able to take advantage.

ETA: MagicBands are sent to US guests in advance, but Disney doesn't mail them to the UK. They'll be available at check-in, but it isn't necessary to physically have them to make FP bookings.

FETA: They'll also need valid ticket media linked to their MDE. Depending on how the travel agent operates, getting the hotel booking and tickets set up could be a bit of a wrangle.
    Last edited by UK Deb; 21-02-2018 at 09:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Deb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It’s a very complicated story as to why these two hotels were allowed as part of a ‘special’ deal by Disney but sometimes you just have to get yourself out of a huge hole with some clever deals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And the bottom line is, these are 2 Disney-quality hotels at less than Disney-premium prices, in a great area.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Still trying to get to the bottom of this persons booking as things have moved on to something i have never heard of. I'm trying to find out who his travel company is as he has been told by the travel company that he is only entitled to the 30 day fastpass window. I've told him as it is a Disney hotel he gets 60 days and he has had a reply from Disney to state he gets the 60 day window but his tour company are still saying he only gets 30 days.

It's not really adding up, has anyone heard of something like this before?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Superspur View Post
    It's not really adding up, has anyone heard of something like this before?
    A tour operator not knowing what they are doing? Yes, I've heard of that nearly everytime you talk to anyone who uses them.

Good luck and good for you trying to help the poor souls out.
    5 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.

All my trip reports are now HERE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Has he bought both tickets and hotel through this operator? My guess is that they leave it until the last minute to buy the tickets. You need to have both linked to your MDE to be able to take advantage of the 60 day booking window.

Thread Information