Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Disneyland Paris in a day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Disneyland Paris in a day

Hi all, after a couple of Florida trips in the last few years, me and the wife are wanting to get a little Disney fix with a trip to Disney Paris. We're combining this with a quick Paris city break too, and due to annual leave retrictions and other circumstances, it's going to be a whistle stop tour of both Paris and Disneyland. As we're not going to get to do everything, are there any things that people recommend to do in the in the city or park?

Here's our timetable: Arrive in Paris 9am Saturday. Spend all day in the city, so looking for things to do in the day and at night. Check out Sunday - more time in the city if there is something else to do. Head over to the Val'd Europe area - Outlet mall / Val d'Europe shopping Centre - Disney Village at night for food\wander. Monday - 1 day 2 park hopper ticket. Tuesday - Flight home approx 12:30 pm.

Are there any highlights we should focus on?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's a LOT to try to fit into just 3 full days! But you can still see quite a bit. I always like the open-top bus tour of Paris, which means you can cover a LOT of ground quite easily, and get to see all the main sights, with a hop-on, hop-off style. Depending on what most interests you, (art galleries? museums? shopping? sight-seeing?) the bus tour can also effectively drop you at the highlights.

For DLP, a Monday shouldn't be too busy, hence you should be able to get around pretty well. Doing both parks in the day will be a stretch, but as you already know WDW, you can focus on some of the 'differences' at DLP, like their own versions of Space Mountain, Big Thunder, Phantom Manor and Pirates of the Caribbean, and unique attractions like the Ratatouille ride, and the shows at the Studios park.

Good luck!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You could spend a year in Paris and not scratch the surface, is it a first time visit, in which case I second the bus idea or a bus boat combo, the Paris metro is easy enough to use if you dont fancy the bus.

If its one of a series of visits the Break the city down into segments and concentrate on a segment per visit, find time for the parks, cafes, Paris is such a good city for just slowing down (but always cross the roads quickly as Paris drivers do not beleive in taking prisoners)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Spend as much time as you can at the main Disneyland Park. It is very much the highlight, the theming/landscaping in my opinion is significantly better than at the Studios and it means you can see more at the best park rather than rush around them both.
    Personally having been lucky to stay at the Disneyland Hotel a few times, I would be inclined to have a wander around there for an hour or so instead of Disney Springs (sorry I am not a fan, Earl of Sandwich apart).
    It's a fab hotel and great for having a look around and taking photos inside and out.

For food Toad Hall is great value inside the Disneyland Park and Earl Of Sandwich is recommended also. There is a small grocery store within the RER station that is also great for snacks and sandwiches, better value for money also.
    Last edited by Johnny Sharp; 26-04-2018 at 05:14 PM.
    "No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child. Thank god Joshua has a very tall dad!" - Deb Ireland 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just chiming in to agree with the hop-on-hop-off bus. It's a HUGE time saver, and you can budget your time well. Obviously you don't want to miss the highlights (Notre Dame Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Champs-Elysees, and if you can, add in a river tour), but definitely spend some time just wandering. We found some fabulous sidewalk cafes on a back street not far from Notre Dame, and it was lovely just having a wander in the city after dark. So many great restaurants with outdoor dining along the Champs-Elysees. Some day I hope to return and see the Louvre, but unless it's important to you, it can take up much of your day.

For DLP, it's probably subjective. The Disneyland park holds the most appeal for me, but there are definitely some things worth seeing in the Studios.

I liked some of the attractions WDW doesn't have, like Armageddon, Temple of Peril, the Nautilus, Hyperspace Mountain, and Crush's Coaster.
    And I think Ratatouille, Big Thunder Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean are must-ride attractions. Phantom Manor is non-negotiable. You have to give it a try.
    Last edited by Simon Veness; 26-04-2018 at 11:17 PM.
    Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The hop on bus sounds like a good idea - we can save our legs for the parks then.

If the Disney village area is a bit disappointing we might just spend a little longer in the City on the Sunday too then.

The Phantom Mansion and Rock n Rollercoaster are both scheduled to be out of service when we're visiting unfortunately, but I think we'll have enough to fit it anyway.

Thanks for the help as always.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have a wonderful trip! Disneyland Paris is a beautiful park.
    Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have a great time, I don't like the Village as I constantly seem to prattle on about, but make your own mind up - either way you will have a fab day.
    "No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child. Thank god Joshua has a very tall dad!" - Deb Ireland 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Love Paris, and agree with bus tour.

If you want to see and feel Paris quickly then I would head to the Isle De la cite and take in Notre Dame and the cathedral first, then cross over, almost directly opposite the front door of the Cathedralto the area Susan talked about which I think is left Bank. Walk back one street or so and take in some of the smaller shops, while heading East, to the area called St Michelle/. Stop in the cafe St Michelle, for a drink. It’s near the Seine end. Keep walking East till you get to Musee D’Orcy. Pop in and see the amazing Impressionists. You can spend a short time here and be stunned. Then pop on a metro to the Eifle Tour, have a look (perhaps go up?) and then take a one hour boat tour down the Seine on Bateux Mouche or Bateuax Parisenne. I would not worry too much about Arc D Tr, it’s pretty much what you see on tv and if time is tight. That should be a day and in the evening find somewhere nice and romantic too eat. The next day take metro to Anvers and head up the hill (it’s a bit grotty/dangerous around parts) to the Sacre Coure. Amazing view and walk round the corner to the square where the artists used to be. Or if Sacre Coure not your choice head to the Catacooms and be very afraid. (Apologies for spelling typing really quickly)
    Last edited by Ret400; 03-05-2018 at 09:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sacre Coeur is also on the hop-on/hop-off bus tour route.

Thread Information