Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: Disneyland Paris in a day

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ret400 View Post
    Love Paris, and agree with bus tour.

If you want to see and feel Paris quickly then I would head to the Isle De la cite and take in Notre Dame and the cathedral first, then cross over, almost directly opposite the front door of the Cathedralto the area Susan talked about which I think is left Bank. Walk back one street or so and take in some of the smaller shops, while heading East, to the area called St Michelle/. Stop in the cafe St Michelle, for a drink. It’s near the Seine end. Keep walking East till you get to Musee D’Orcy. Pop in and see the amazing Impressionists. You can spend a short time here and be stunned. Then pop on a metro to the Eifle Tour, have a look (perhaps go up?) and then take a one hour boat tour down the Seine on Bateux Mouche or Bateuax Parisenne. I would not worry too much about Arc D Tr, it’s pretty much what you see on tv and if time is tight. That should be a day and in the evening find somewhere nice and romantic too eat. The next day take metro to Anvers and head up the hill (it’s a bit grotty/dangerous around parts) to the Sacre Coure. Amazing view and walk round the corner to the square where the artists used to be. Or if Sacre Coure not your choice head to the Catacooms and be very afraid. (Apologies for spelling typing really quickly)
    Oh yes, Catacombs, uncomfortable but interesting experience

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for all the tip. The trip was great, very tiring, and and now we've done it like that, we'd do it differently next time, but was worth doing in the way we did for the time we had.

Our flight from LPL to CDG was 6.30, this meant getting up at 4am to get to the airport for 5. We landed at 9ish in Paris, and get the train into the city. After getting off at Gare du Nord rather than Gare du Lyon initially (I was confident I knew where we were going) we checked into our hotel at 12.

We dropped out bags and headed to the Louvre. After a couple of hours in there just seeing the 'main attractions' (Mona Lisa, Venus de Milo, Winged Victory) we headed for the Big Bus Tour.

As we were tired and felt like we'd already walked a lot that day we were glad of the seated tour of Paris. It was a great idea. So we went around the main route, saw the main sites with our commentary from Jean Luke, and hopped off the tour at the Eiffel Tower.

We had a walk around the Eiffel Tower, then hopped on to the Seine River Cruise. Unfortunately due to the poor weather (baking in England, rain in Paris - typical) the roof was closed, so we couldn't see much.

We then got some tea in a little restaurant near our hotel, and headed back at about 9pm.

The next day we were up and checked out by 9.30. We were able to leave our bags at the hotel and hopped on the second route for the bus tour for the Northern districts. Once we'd done that, we jumped on the train to Disney.

Checked into our hotel at about 4pm which was OK. Although it didn't actually have a bed. Its the first hotel I've ever stayed in that only had a sofabed to sleep on. We checked out the Val d'Europe shopping centre and outlet mall, then back, changed, and onto the shuttle to Disney Village for tea. We used our Planet Hollywood ATD voucher, the meal was actually really good. Then browsed the shops before heading back.

The next day was Disney day. So after our terrible night sleep we headed to the parks. It was a grey and drizzly day, but the rain stopped about 1, and as all the queues are inside it didn't really affect the day (other than the length of the queues I think as the park seemed very quiet). We went to Hollywood Studios first - Tower of terror, Rock and Rollercoaster, Ratatouille, Tower of terror again then Mickey and the Magician. All great. Then over to the main park. I really liked it. I didn't notice too much that it was smaller than the Florida version - maybe because it was the second park of the day. But it was nice, the rides were good, the themeing was good, the parade was excellent, we got on all of the rides we wanted (even Peter Pan at the end of the day). I really liked the fireworks too, but do prefer the Florida ones. The Paris show seems to just use the castle as a projector screen, whereas the Florida one seems a little more clever in its use of the castle. However, small margins as I really enjoyed it.

I think next time if I'm going for 3 days I'll do Paris or Disney and do in more depth.

My step count for that weekend was... Sat 20,662 / Sun 22,904 / Mon 32,174

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like you had a great,but hectic time. Glad you got to me all/most of what you wanted.

Strange about the missing bed! Did it make it clear in the hotel description?
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Never heard of a hotel without a proper bed!

What a great trip, though. A terrific overview of Paris, and you can explore it more next time.
    Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's a truly amazing, action-packed 3 days! Sounds like you hit most of the high spots, in concentrated fashion, but that's a shame about the weather for the boat tour, as you definitely didn't get the best of it. And 'hurrah!' for low crowds in the park - that definitely makes things worthwhile. But I'm also about the hotel with no bed! Never heard of that before, anywhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Glad you had a great time. As others have said the hotel without a bed is just wrong! Which hotel was it, so I can avoid ever booking one?
    7 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.
    All my trip reports are now HERE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spencem View Post
    Glad you had a great time. As others have said the hotel without a bed is just wrong! Which hotel was it, so I can avoid ever booking one?
    It was the Hipark by Adagio. No reference to just being a sofabed on the hotel website (that I noticed when booking). It was a shame because the shuttle was great - last stop to the park, first stop on return - the hotel was nicely decorated and clean enough.

I'd stay again, but would see if the upgraded room comes with a proper bed. Would be worth the extra.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Glad you had a great time, but you are wrong in your assumption that the Disneyland Park is smaller than Florida!!
    The actual whole site is smaller, but if you compare MK to the Disneyland Park, the French Park is about a quarter bigger.
    Magic Kingdom Florida is 107 acres and the main Disneyland Paris park is 126 acres.

Surprising isn't it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like you had a great time. Main Street USA in Paris is quite a bit smaller than the Florida version so as you enter the park it generally appears that the park itself is smaller.
    "No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child. Thank god Joshua has a very tall dad!" - Deb Ireland 2007

Thread Information