Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Flight Deals!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Flight Deals!

OK, here's a worthwhile idea from ATD's head office that we can all use here, I think.

What are the best flight deals you are seeing and finding for Orlando (or Tampa or Miami, or even Fort Lauderdale!), basically that get you to Florida and save a few pennies (or, hopefully, pounds!). We'll make this a regular thread that people can see and add to periodically, so we can all have an idea of what a good deal is at any particular time.

I'll kick things off with the obvious caveat that if you can be flexible, even by a few days, you can save a few bob. Check on the likes of Skyscanner.net and sign up for their price alerts, but also be sure to check with Norwegian directly, as they now have some keen prices for both Orlando and Fort Lauderdale.

We also found a very good price (around GBP460) for flights back to the UK this June, booking directly with BA, but we definitely looked around a lot.

Don't forget prices can also be a bit cheaper if you look at indirect flights (going via, maybe, Atlanta, Washington, New York, Dallas or even Chicago), so be sure to shop around - and then come and tell us about it here!

Hi all!

Another one if you're travelling last minute...

May 5th - 19th flights are just £350pp - flying out with Thomas Cook and back with Norwegian (don't forget you'll have to add baggage on Norwegian). Prices may expire.

Ellie (ATD)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We have always found looking about 3 months prior and searching on a Saturday or a Sunday is very effective for transatlantic flights, strangely this does not work on other routes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've found return flights to Miami for £292 from Edingburgh but slightly more from other cities

Holiday Pirates is always a great place to find deals.

https://www.holidaypirates.com/fligh...ge-meals_26819

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Our friends in San Antonio just alerted us to Scott's Cheap Flights. They've booked virtually back-to-back "adventures" to Italy (done) and now China (this week) thanks to the ridiculously cheap rates. I haven't delved into it, but on the face of it, it isn't restricted to flights booked from the US.

https://scottscheapflights.com/

ETA: I should probably add this caveat from our friends—when you subscribe, you get about 2-3 emails a week, announcing deals. The trick is flexibility as the deals are good from certain cities, to certain cities, and trips taken within certain dates (usually a period of a few months). The deals only last for a couple of days (some as long as 12 hours, but some up to 36 hours).
    Last edited by UK Deb; 27-04-2018 at 12:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Over the years we have found that if you don't book the normal number of nights, eg; 7, 14 or 21 there are some great deals to be had.
    We very rarely book the norm and have done anything from 9 to 18 nights.

Also BA can have some cracking deals, especially if you add a car as it becomes a package, so only a deposit needed.
    One year our great flight price went down when adding a car?? Never did work that one out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here's one for this month with Thomas Cook, a package rather than flight-only, but it shows how good a deal you can get:

A week at Cabana Bay Beach Resort, Thomas Cook flights from Manchester, and basic car hire for GBP689/person. If you can leave on May 12, you have a bargain!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I came across this yesterday. It looks like the UK version of the website I mentioned earlier. We're not in the market for anything right now so I haven't checked it out, but might be worth a squizz for anyone who's looking.

https://www.jacksflightclub.co.uk/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Be careful with the included car hire through Thomas Cook. You don't get any insurance included, and it can work out cheaper to scout for car deals with insurance included rather than pay their rates. Or at least factor it in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's probably true for most of the tour operators as well. Their 'free car hire' is usually only the very basic level and, for proper coverage you need to add Loss Damage Waiver and Supplemental Liability Insurance, which can easily add up to $45 a DAY to the cost. Chrismcenaney is right - sourcing your own deal is very often cheaper.

Thread Information