Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  0

Topic: Disneyland California

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Disneyland California

I'm being Father of the Bride and arranging the Honeymoon for our daughter and son in law for next year. They want to do 2 nights in LA so they can do Disneyland before heading off to Hawaii and was looking at the options. They were in LA last year so have done the sign and the stars on Hollywood Boulevard so aren't too fussed about staying in Hollywood again so i have mentioned a Disney Hotel for 2 nights which they have jumped at.

There appears to be 3 hotels to choose from, The Grand Californian which i'm guessing is going to be the most expensive, Disneyland hotel and Paradise Pier hotel so any recomendations? There are no booking dates beyond 31st December this year and they would want 2 nights from 28th May so how far in advance can i book a hotel? There are no prices on the website so any ideas what 2 nights might cost? I'm assuming they wouldn't include park tickets so park tickets would have to be purchased seperately which appears i can get from ATD. To save them hiring a car how much is a cab from the airport to the hotel? Is there any kind of Disney Shuttles as they would be going from the airport to the hotel and 2 days later back to the hotel to fly on to Hawaii?

Any other thoughts or ideas? The hotel doesn't have to be superb as they will be getting that in Hawaii so it doesn't have to be the Californian.
    Last edited by Superspur; 05-07-2018 at 06:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Grand Californian is Disneyland's equivalent of Wilderness Lodge, so it is definitely on the higher end, price-wise, as is the Disneyland Hotel (the original hotel). Paradise Pier is the more moderate version, and is still pretty good quality. They are all within easy walking distance, and it should be ideal for 2 nights. However, Anaheim is quite a hike from Los Angeles airport (around 35 miles) and a cab won't be cheap (as much as $100). However, Supershuttle operates in LA and would probably be a MUCH cheaper option (https://www.supershuttle.com/locations/losangeleslax/).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I believe Disney have their own shuttles from Lax as well, at least there always used to be a load of Disney branded busses (Like the cruise line ones you see in Orland) hanging around the airport when I went through.

The other big shuttle operator at Lax is Prime Time, I've used them and Super Shuttle in the past with no complaints about either.
    5 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.

All my trip reports are now HERE.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

All of those hotels are fine, none of them are exceptional.

We use supershuttle who we have always found reliable. It is indeed a long way.

There is a shuttle.

Also just about possible by public transport if you fancy an adventure.

Paradise Pier for me, interesting views from the roof and a nice pool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have stayed at all three. My favourite is Paradise Pier. I love the relaxed beach vibe. Next for me is Grand Californian and the Disneyland Hotel is my least favourite, but I would happily stay at any of them again. There is the Disneyland Express Shuttle, but it is not free and Supershuttle tends to work out cheaper.

Corinna

Thread Information