Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  1

Topic: Ticket Advice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Ticket Advice

Hi All,

I have booked my next Florida trip. It's a smaller break than previous, I've been lucky enough to do two weeks previously, this time we're going for 8 nights. We are park fans, so do want to pack the parks in, and Universal is our favourite. The trip will be in December, so looking forward to the Festive decor. It also means we'll probably give the water parks a miss.

We're travelling with my father in law who has a bad back, so won't be going on any of the thrill rides.

To get the Combo Universal and Disney Ticket seems a bit overkill, as they are for 2 weeks and include all the water parks thats we probably won't visit. The two day disney ticket would have been perfect, but it seems I've missed the boat with that. Does anyone know if that is sold regularly, or it is unlikely to come up again before December.

I want the hopper ticket for Universal, so we can ride the Hogwarts Express but again, 2 days would be enough, we'll only be spending 2 days at Universal. We won't be park hopping at Disney. Would it make sense to just by day tickets in America for Disney?

Thanks for the help :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Chris, do your homework and then and pick what you want. Firstly decide exactly what you want to do and then search around for prices from loads of different sources to get exactly what you want. It sounds like the Universal 14 day ticket might be a good one to get so search around for the lowest price. You can also find places on the web that will do one, two, three or four day Disney tickets if that is what you want. We're out there in just over 2 weeks time and we're only MAYBE doing one day at Disney's Epcot but then we're only in Orlando for 3 nights.

As a quick look around, Maple Leaf tickets do Disney tickets for 1,2,3 days etc and they will ship to the UK for $6.95. I have never used them before but i know they have been mentioned on the dibb quite a few times. I know i shouldn't link to rival ticket sites but i'm sure ATD won't mind as you're actually looking for something they don't sell

https://www.mapleleaftickets.com/shipping.htm
    Last edited by Superspur; 15-08-2018 at 09:03 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I tend to agree that the Universal ticket which is two weeks probably for value is good.
    Re Disney they always sell, on the door, 1,2,3 etc days. Others such as link above do so as well. 14 day tickets tend to be always a 7 day prices so little in that.
    One thought depending on how Disney you plan to be is to pay for a Mickeys Merry Xmas party. It lets you in from 4pm, rides are quieter and you get extras both in parades and snacks. It can be very good value depending on when you go. You could then buy a two or three day ticket with perhaps hopping added. This could then allow you to cover the other three parks over two or three days. You will find that the cookies in the Disney site stop you from seeing the single day options as it keeps flipping you to UK site, which does not have it. Last year I only had a week and did one night MMXP plus hopped for two days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you are only looking for a few days at each park, it is often worth checking the ticket deals on VisitOrlando.com, as they can sell the full range of Disney tickets. You just order direct and pick them up from their Visitor Center on I-Drive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for this. The VisitOrlando option looks good. A 3day base ticket for Disney, and a 2park 3day Universal hopper bought this way would save over 150per person. We'd have to choose one disney park to miss out on, but with our limited time, fitting them all in would probably have been a squeeze anyway.

The only downside is that we'd not be able to link our tickets to book fast passes in advance I don't think - but I think we'd be missing out on thrill rides anyway, and it should (hopefully) be a quiet time of the year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you buy from VO, they should be able to tell your ticket numbers, once purchased, and that's really all you need to get on the My Disney Experience bandwagon and book your FastPasses!

Thread Information