Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  6

Topic: Gatorland's 70th Anniversary and Gatorpalooza!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Gatorland's 70th Anniversary and Gatorpalooza!

ORLANDO, Florida – (May 3, 2019) Gatorland®, the “Alligator Capital of the World,” is celebrating its 70th Anniversary this year in a very special way, including its first ever Gatorpalooza Fun Fest on Saturday, May 18 from 10 a.m, to 4:30 p.m.

Included with park admission that day will be live music, artisans, vendors, family fun, games, giveaways and, of course, all the alligators, animals and awesomeness that a day at Gatorland has to offer. A portion of the proceeds will benefit Boy Scouts of Central Florida.

Plus, guests visiting Gatorland on May 18 only will receive a 20 percent discount on Gatorland Annual passes and can take advantage of zipline specials going on throughout the day.

“We are thrilled to be celebrating our 70th Anniversary with the public in a big way with our very own Gatorpalooza,” exclaimed Mark McHugh, President and CEO of Gatorland. “And we’re only getting started. We have more fun, more announcements and more new park features coming the rest of this year. So you won’t want to miss our ongoing anniversary celebration in 2019.”

The 100-acre theme park combines Old Florida charm with exciting experiences, exhibits, and entertainment. Gatorland, Florida’s leader in alligator education and safety since 1949, originally opened as a roadside attraction, and is now celebrating its 70th anniversary this year.

In addition, it provides affordably-priced family fun featuring thousands of alligators and crocodiles, breeding marsh with observation tower, free-flight aviary, nature walk, petting zoo, educational wildlife programs, award-winning gift shop, Florida's best train ride, Gator Gully Splash Park, on-site restaurant and one-of-a-kind shows including Gator Jumparoo and Up-close Encounters. Popular adventure experiences inside the park include the Screamin’ Gator Zipline and Stompin’ Gator Off-Road adventure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The big Anniversary bash was last week, and it was a LOT of fun (with the usual hi-jinks from those wacky gator-loving guys and gals). We thoroughly recommend a visit this year to soak it all up.

Here's the ATD blog to prove it: https://www.attraction-tickets-direc...st-themed-park

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We've been to Gatorland a few times over the years and had a good time, it's just that bit different from the other theme park offerings.

And its amazing to see that they have been around 70 years, with their roots in a completely different age!!

Another great piece for ATD bu the way.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Only went once in 91, but enjoyed it. Ate alligator chunks there, well almost did as had to bin half the portion as the gators were staring at me as I munched, and I was worried it might have been mummy.
    April 1991 International Gateway Inn
    April 1993 International Gateway Inn
    May 2011 Four Points Sheraton Studio City
    Feb 2014 Rosen Inn Hotel

Champion Me and Champion Ret, kickin' *** and takin' names!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We are thinking of going for the first time next year. I nearly brought some tickets a while back, until I discovered they were not selling 2020 yet.
    5 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.

All my trip reports are now HERE.

Thread Information