Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Skyliner Official Debut - Sept 29!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Skyliner Official Debut - Sept 29!

The Disney Parks blog has just announced that the new Skyliner transport system - which ferries guests from Art of Animation, Pop Century, Caribbean Beach and forthcoming new Riviera Resort to Epcot and/or Hollywood Studios - will have its official opening on September 29.

Here's what they say:

The dawn of a new era in Disney transportation is right around the corner! On September 29, Disney Skyliner gondolas will take flight and officially begin transporting guests around Walt Disney World Resort. As many of you have seen, this state-of-the-art transportation system offers a new way to experience the resort with amazing views only available from the sky. Disney Skyliner connects Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Epcot to four resort hotels- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and the new Disney’s Riviera Resort scheduled to open in December 2019.

Some Disney Skyliner cabins feature graphics based on Disney films, attractions and characters. We previously featured a few of the character cabins on the Disney Parks Blog, including those with Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Pluto and Chip & Dale. Other Disney stories taking flight with guests include:

• “Coco”
    • Goofy, Pete, Horace Horsecollar and Clarabelle Cow
    • “Finding Dory”
    • Haunted Mansion
    • “Monsters, Inc.”
    • Pirates of the Caribbean
    • “Ratatouille”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good to have a date, although I'm surprised it's not sooner. It seems ready.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, they've been in full test mode for several weeks already, but you suspect they want to make sure it survives the rigours of an Orlando summer before they put real guests in it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not sure it has enhanced Buena Vista Drive. When we drove that way in May it looked a mess with all the trees having been removed to allow the cabins to 'fly', so much so it looked like fire breaks in a forest.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Veness View Post
    Yes, they've been in full test mode for several weeks already, but you suspect they want to make sure it survives the rigours of an Orlando summer before they put real guests in it!

The first sign of a thunderstorm and they will shut them down for an hour or so i'm guessing so probably not the most reliable mode of transport. The cable cars across the River Thames are forever being closed down for wind and thunderstorms.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, we're still waiting to hear what the operating parameters will be. We know the ones at Busch Gardens have to close when it's too windy and, with Florida being the lightning capital of the world, well, we do wonder how often THAT might come into play!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Am I right in saying they had something similar years ago. I’m sure I rode on one in 1991. Or maybe i’m just doolally.
    April 1991 International Gateway Inn
    April 1993 International Gateway Inn
    May 2011 Four Points Sheraton Studio City
    Feb 2014 Rosen Inn Hotel

Champion Me and Champion Ret, kickin' *** and takin' names!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Seth1970 View Post
    Am I right in saying they had something similar years ago. I’m sure I rode on one in 1991. Or maybe i’m just doolally.
    There was a cable car ride across part of Magic Kingdom. I've got a picture somewhere.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They look fun I’m just not convinced how reliable they will be at what point do they stop loading if a storm is nearby? As they can’t have guests in them when they shut down for weather any idea on how long between transfer stations ?
    orlando aug 2000 2005 2007 2009 2013 2015 2016 2017
    Honolulu 2017
    Maui march 2008 2016
    New York 2010 2016
    Kefalonia 2010 - 2017
    Crete 2011
    Thassos 2015
    New Orleans/ Memphis 2016
    Paris March 2012
    Tenerife March 2013
    Parga 2014 2016
    Tenerife 2013
    Antigua St Lucia Grenada Barbados 2017
    Santorini 2018
    Venice 2014

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Seth1970 View Post
    Yes, absolutely right Seth (and TF). The Skyway operated from Tomorrowland (between the Carousel of Progress and Space Mountain) to Fantasyland (where the Tangled restrooms now are). It was fun, but certainly had to beware of stormy weather. It closed in November 1999.

Thread Information