Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4

Topic: Info On Lake Louisa State Park (and Bears!) From New Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Info On Lake Louisa State Park (and Bears!) From New Member

New ATD member Bear House is currently stuck in tech limbo waiting for his account to be approved (from 2 months ago - you gotta love those tech glitches ), but he has been able to pass on some info via PM thjat could be useful to others, like him, trying to find a good local state park (and bears!):

Here's what he says:

We depart in 6 weeks, and this will be my 6th Disney World trip, so I am always on the lookout for new things to do, not just what the children want, and one of the reasons I came to the Forum, was to find out about seeing some Bears in the wild. in the vicinity of Orlando.

I wrote to the Ranger at Lake Louisa State Park (in Lake County), and sadly he has not seen a bear for years, although one or two tracks have been spotted. Someone wrote about wanting to visit this National Park in the Florida State & NP thread. Perhaps you could pass this on for me? The person to contact is Arden - Arden@lakelouisastatepark.com

Now waiting on a reply from http://bearadiseranch.com/

PS: The latter is an excellent bear habitat preservation centre down near Sarasota, about a 2-hour drive from Orlando.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It is a shame new members can't get active. But hi to Bear House.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I agree with TF, new members should be able to get on quicker than that.
    A helloo from me too..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is this an issue that needs investigation? Surely most will give up. I know I would. How will our community grow if new members aren't able to post?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's the question we're trying to find out, Deb! There has been so much IT change at ATD in the last year or so, it seems this has been overlooked, but it IS being chased up and we're hopeful of normal service being resumed soon

Thread Information