Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The Bourne Stuntacular!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The Bourne Stuntacular!

OK, this has been strongly rumoured over here for several months now, and Universal Orlando has finally confirmed this new stunt show (replacing the former Terminator 2: 3-D show) is coming to Universal Studios next spring:

Universal Orlando Resort to Debut The Bourne Stuntacular, an All-New, Cutting-Edge Live-Action Stunt Show, in Spring 2020

Guests Will be Brought Into the World of Jason Bourne With Live Performers, IncredibleStunts and Adrenaline-Pumping Action at Every Turn

"Today, Universal Orlando Resort revealed that The Bourne Stuntacular will debut at Universal Studios Florida in spring 2020. This cutting-edge live-action stunt show based on Universal Pictures’ blockbuster Bourne film franchise will blur the lines between stage and cinema in a hybrid form of entertainment that has never been seen before.

The Bourne Stuntacular will follow the character of Jason Bourne around the globe as sinister characters pursue him. Everything fans have come to expect from the action-packed Bourne film franchise – thrilling chase scenes, punishing fistfights, death-defying leaps and danger at every turn – will happen right in front of guests with live performers, high-tech props and an immense LED screen, making it impossible to discern where the live action ends and the cinema begins.

Universal Orlando places guests in the heart of powerful stories and adventures with some of the world’s most entertaining and innovative theme park experiences. And now, the addition of this edge-of-your-seat live stunt show brings an unprecedented level of action-packed excitement for every member of the family as the character of Jason Bourne attempts to evade capture time and time again.

The Bourne Stuntacular will be located on the streets of Hollywood at Universal Studios Florida, in the former location of Terminator 2: 3-D. Stay tuned – more details about the exhilarating new experience will be revealed in the coming months."

Your thoughts...?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not really my cup of tea but, then, I'm not much of a film buff.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'd be interested to see it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I fear it will open after we have been, but then I have seen the sign has gone up already.

It seems a bit of an odd choice, didn't the last film come out years ago? Hopefully it'll be more stunts than screen, but we'll see.
    5 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.

All my trip reports are now HERE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

TV series recently I think

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There is a new Bourne-inspired TV series, called Treadstone, which just premiered on the USA Network over here. Haven't seen it, so can't comment, but it definitely keeps the Bourne name/franchise ticking over. The first film came out in 2002, while the most recent one was just 3 years ago. It wouldn't surprise me if there was another in a year or two (Hollywood has VERY few original ideas these days!).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Wonder if they will show the new TV series over here? Will have to keep a look out for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hard to believe they won't, CL. I'm sure it's cost them a LOT to make, so they will be keen to syndicate as much as possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Veness View Post
    Hard to believe they won't, CL. I'm sure it's cost them a LOT to make, so they will be keen to syndicate as much as possible.
    I have just had a search on internet and it is showing over here on Amazon Prime in January (good job we are signed up to that then!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Another new series that was being filmed the other day when I was backlot at Universal was called the The Right Stuff, it’s due out in 2020 and stars Patrick Adams , he from Suits. It’s based on a look at the Gemini programme team.

Thread Information