Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: A Trip To Miami!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default A Trip To Miami!

OK, who'd like a quick trip to Miami? Well, this week, it will be our special ATD blog, looking at day-trips from Orlando (or an overnighter) that all provide a great way to see something of South Florida while still enjoying the theme parks. Stay tuned...!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ooh, I'll look forward to this. Could come in handy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We've only been to Miami briefly, it has never had a great attraction to us, but I look forward to your spin on it.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's isn't for everyone, TF, but there is a LOT to take in these days, from the nightlife to the museums (which are really high quality). The Vizcaya Museum is one of Florida's best, while the Wynwood Walls are pretty amazing. Plus, there are a LOT of places to stop for coffee!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

*Taps fingers*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jeez, some people are SO impatient..!

https://www.attraction-tickets-direc...-south-florida

PS: Bear in mind that this is based on a typical ATD excursion from Orlando, taking in Miami with a side-trip to the Everglades for one day or an overnight trip. But we especially like the rooftop bars (like the photo here, of http://www.juviamiami.com/)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We've dabbled with Miami a couple of times but never long enough to properly do it justice. We did the South Beach thing following a cruise many years ago (from memory, 2 nights/1 full day) and a Biscayne Bay overnighter ahead of another cruise in 2011. It's not a place we fell in love with (although sailing out of it IS spectacular) but we really only just scratched the surface, particularly given the sheer number of diverse neighbourhoods it's home to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, Miami definitely does take a lot of exploring. You could easily spend a couple of days each in Little Havana and Coral Gables. Did you make it to the Biltmore Hotel, by any chance?

BTW, we included the photo of Juvia bar/restaurant just for you and Matt, Deb!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No to the Biltmore—obviously I've heard of it but I don't know much about it. We are thinking that Coral Gables is an area we should explore, though, so is the Biltmore a not-to-be-missed destination?

We do love a rooftop bar and that looks like a good one. I've got so many bars on my Miami wishlist, I think we might need to extend our stay!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Biltmore is gorgeous. Superb bar, great food, beautiful grounds, and a stunning lobby. Worth a night or two's stay.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Thread Information