Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  40
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: The EPCOT Transformation Begins

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

We do have two Leave a Legacy plaques, one with Alan and myself and one with Ian and my Mum. Because like me my Mum loved Epcot I would be sad to see them go and maybe others who have pictures of people who are no longer with them would be sad too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I totally called the Leave A Legacy plaques wrong when Disney first started selling them, because I though they'd be about 3 times bigger, and that when it was all over you could keep your plaque. I still think they should ship them (for free) to purchasers. As you say, Catlady, they have sentimental meaning to you. Disney got a LONG time out of them, for their own display purposes, and it would be the right thing to do, to return them for free.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
    We do have two Leave a Legacy plaques, one with Alan and myself and one with Ian and my Mum. Because like me my Mum loved Epcot I would be sad to see them go and maybe others who have pictures of people who are no longer with them would be sad too.
    Our one was for our daughter for her 18th birthday, just a reminder for her if she ever went back with her kids of the holiday we had for her 18th birthday. I would hate to see them go but if they did i would love to be bale to get the plaque but they are so small and so many there i can't see Disney going to all the expense of removing them, cutting them up and making them safe and then shipping them in boxes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They can afford it.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It’s interesting that the word ‘legacy’ has two main meanings.

I think Disney meant one and the public the other?

1/ money or property that you receive from someone after they die:

2/ something that is a part of your history or that remains from an earlier time:

I agree with Susan, these are important to those who contributed and they have enough money to laser cut and ship!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The problem with ours is we have moved house since then so if they did decide to ship them (and I do wonder if they would especially to the UK) they wouldn't have a correct address.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
    I know things have to change but I'm kind of sad to see the big fountain go, and also the Innoventions Plaza. Is it just me being nostalgic?
    It is sad to see the fountain go, it was such a part of what EPCOT used to be all about.

Innovations, on the other hand, should have been put out of its misery years ago, or at least have some serious money spent on it to keep it actually innovative.
    5 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.

All my trip reports are now HERE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

SO true about Innoventions, spencem. It has been a really sad area for the past 2 years at least. A real blot on Epcot's landscape. Now we'll have 2 more years of misery while they knock it all down and put it back together!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The fountain is sad as it was such a key piece of the opening ceremony with water from around the Worlds put in, but you never know it just might be A Great Big beautiful tomorrow !

Thread Information