Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  15

Topic: TONS more detail on Star Wars Hotel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default TONS more detail on Star Wars Hotel

I just came across this article from Ziggy Knows Disney. I hadn't realised all this information was out there. I can't help thinking that Disney's taking a huge risk with this because, although I'm a big Star Wars fan and it does sound incredible, I can't imagine wanting to stay. It sounds like one big Cosplay Fest. Are there sufficient geeks and nerds out there to keep it anywhere close to capacity?

https://ziggyknowsdisney.com/star-wa...mDnQGmJRJWTmys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There is a very breathless, fan-boy style that is a bit short on accuracy -

"This will be just like a cruise....it will be unlike any other vacation experience on the planet!" Huh??

They also ought to have had a sub-editor or proof reader, as I'm not so sure I want to travel in a 'lunch pod' (but a launch pod would be acceptable!).

The blueprint plans ARE new, though, so getting a sense of the interior layout and dimension, and all the activities, is very handy. It's definitely going to be an immense Star Wars experience but, as you say, Deb, will they be able to fill all 102 rooms every 3 days with absolute Star Wars fanatics who have the kind of disposable income that they'll need?!

BTW, we drove past it the other day and can imagine that there will also be some sealed transport system from the extreme left corner of the resort (something like the Hogwarts Express, only space-themed) that takes guests straight into Batuu going across the road to the north).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Reading through that was actually quite surprising, it sounds like it isn't what i thought it would be even remotely. My daughter is a massive Star Wars fan but she thought she would be able to stay one night in a Star Wars themed hotel, even if she could afford it, and she can't, she has no desire to play dress up and have a Star wars "experience" that Disney are going to be selling. If that piece is correct or even remotely correct, then i think there will be a lot of Star Wars fans who will give it a miss. I think the price might also come in to play for a great many people and i can't help thinking that this is a massive missed opportunity for Disney and there may well be a great many Star Wars fans around the world biterly dissapointed at what Disney is serving up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I might be odd, but I'm not a big Star Wars fan. I do like the films, but don't get overly excited so this concept does not appeal to me at all (even if I could afford the prices).

Having said that it does seem to be fairly well designed and I am sure that there are probably quite a few fans that can afford the price. And after an initial period the cost will come down.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nope, not for me at all thanks.
    5 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.

All my trip reports are now HERE.

I would absolutely love to experience it, however not at the indicative costs been banded around

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I love the idea, though it's not really in my price range. I think it will be tremendous fun, especially for Star Wars fans. If you like that fantasy role-play, I think it'll be fantastic.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It IS a good question about how many people are likely to have $3,000-plus for a 2-day experience every 2/3 days. To fill 102 rooms with that kind of regularity at that price point is going to be a challenge, even with all the true Star Wars fans!

Thread Information