Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Takumi Tei at Epcot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Takumi Tei at Epcot

This new restaurant is one we reviewed recently for Attractions magazine, and it is one of our Top 2 Disney dining experiences to date. However, it is NOT a cheap restaurant in any sense (especially if you opt for the Omakase menu at $150/person or the private-dining Kaiseke experience). We can't link to our magazine article, but Scott Joseph recently sampled the Kaiseke option, and his review makes for interesting reading:

https://www.scottjosephorlando.com/r...075-takumi-tei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It sounds amazing, but you can forget getting out of there in time for the fireworks.

Quite what they'd make of my seafood allergy I don't know either.
    5 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.

All my trip reports are now HERE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The food looks and sounds incredible but I know, without having to experience it, that I'd have felt precisely as he did about the setting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They handled my shellfish allergy well. We did the omakase experience, and Simon's amuse bouche included a seared scallop while mine was made with mushrooms. Absolutely delicious. Each course that included shellfish was replaced by something equally tantilising, and I never felt like I missed out on anything. In fact, it was interesting and enjoyable to see what they came up with in each instance.

A thoroughly delightful meal, and one we'd repeat in a heartbeat--but for the price. It IS an expensive prospect. That said, you'll talk about it for years after, and that Japanese A-5 Waguy strip steak is an experience you'll remember forever. The bone marrow course was pretty astonishing, too.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UK Deb View Post
    The food looks and sounds incredible but I know, without having to experience it, that I'd have felt precisely as he did about the setting.
    I can see where he's coming from, but when we toured the restaurant I thought that room would be quite nice, IF the people you're with are all people you know and like. With strangers, I did feel it could get tight.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Veness View Post
    That said, you'll talk about it for years after, and that Japanese A-5 Waguy strip steak is an experience you'll remember forever. The bone marrow course was pretty astonishing, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Veness View Post
    This new restaurant is one we reviewed recently for Attractions magazine, and it is one of our Top 2 Disney dining experiences to date.
    So, what's the other one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Monsieur Paul at the France pavilion. We were invited there for an ad hoc meal about 4-5 years ago (when it was fairly new) under Exec. Chef Francesco Santin, and the Chef just served us a set meal of his own choosing that was simply out of this world.

I can't seem to find the photos we took at the time (as we were also writing it up for Attractions magazine), but maybe Susan can...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll get right on that. I've got LOADS of spare time!

I'll take a look in my files when I get a chance. I think I do have some.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Got it! I can't remember what each item was, but they're fairly self-explanatory. This meal was off-menu.

Scallop in foam:

If I recall correctly, this was a soup en cruote. Mushroom, maybe?

This is a savory dish, though it looks like it's dessert:

Thread Information