Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New Harmonious Show

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default New Harmonious Show

It's probably time to give this forthcoming new Epcot night-time show it's own thread, as the components are all starting to take shape now in the central lagoon. It should be quite a high-tech extravaganza, especially when you can start to see the scale involved with the new central barge now in place (pic from our friends at Mousesteps):

Here's what Disney says about Harmonious:

Harmonious is an upcoming nighttime spectacular for Epcot that serves as the long-term replacement for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth after the interim show Epcot Forever concluded its run.

It was originally scheduled to open in summer 2020, but it was delayed to 2021, since the opening was postponed indefinitely following the COVID-19 pandemic.

This new show celebrates how Disney music (in multiple languages) inspires people around the world, featuring massive floating set pieces, custom-built LED panels, choreographed moving fountains, lights, pyrotechnics and lasers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hopefully we will get to see this on our return.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And here's a look at that first barge from the air (courtesy of Bioreconstruct - who else?!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Those are very big and very ugly barges, hopefully they'll look better with the fountains running on them to hide those big black screens during the day.
    7 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.
    All my trip reports are now HERE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, they ARE distinctly carbuncle-like in their 'raw' state, but I suspect they will look very different in working mode!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Today, Attractions Magazine caught a quick video snippet of one of the barges testing its mechanical arm, and it's starting to look pretty damn cool...!

https://twitter.com/Attractions/stat...43531096166401

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And here is the show set-up almost complete, with just one barge still in the staging area (pic from Bioreconstruct - who else?!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great photo, as always.

What is the masted boat to the left side of the photo?
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Does anyone notice the sheep in the bottom left?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Those barges really are very very ugly, I did hope they would sink down a bit into the water but the more I see of them the more I doubt they do.
    7 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.
    All my trip reports are now HERE.

Thread Information