Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Topic: Six Flags aims to reopen all parks this year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Six Flags aims to reopen all parks this year

Another piece of good news from TravelMole for the theme parks.

Six Flags aims to reopen all parks this year

Six Flags is targeting the reopening of all theme parks this year and has started rehiring thousands of park workers.

The company expects all 26 parks to be back in business during the year including five that stayed closed throughout 2020.

It is in talks to 'set firm reopening dates' for those parks in California, Illinois, Massachusetts, Mexico City and Canada, said Senior Vice President of Park Operations, Bonnie Weber.

All interviews and training will all be done virtually; and onboarding will be contact-free.

All parks were shut down in mid-March 2020 until early June when Frontier City in Oklahoma became the first to reopen with attendance restrictions and social-distancing protocols in place.

A further 20 parks reopened during the remainder of 2020.

To do this it rolled out a new online reservation system to ensure no overcrowding under new protocols, and includes requirements such as face coverings and temperature checks on arrival.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It remains to be seen how effective the US vaccination program will be, so this could still be subject to federal approval. The US as a whole still has a big battle to get the virus under control, and this may be a touch premature in the short term. But it is hopeful for a decent summer season, provided (major caveat!) people adhere to all the social distancing & mask-wearing rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not sure I want the teenager running my rollercoaster ride to have been trained virtually, I'd quite like them to have been shown an actual restraint before they check mine.
    7 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.
    All my trip reports are now HERE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, there's that, too!!

Thread Information