Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  70
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Let's Have A Bit Of Fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Let's Have A Bit Of Fun!

I just picked this up from DisneyFoodBlog's Facebook feed and thought it might be something to lift the mood and take us back to good times at WDW.

How would you describe your PERFECT foodie day in Disney World? What snacks, meals, or drinks would be on your itinerary?

ETA: This is a fantasy list, so don't worry about the quantity of food or feasibility of locations relative to one another.
    Last edited by UK Deb; 20-03-2021 at 04:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can I answer for my wife?

A breakfast bar in the room.
    An Uncrustibles PB&J kids meal in the Magic Kingdom for lunch.
    A bowl of Frosties in the room for dinner.
    7 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.
    All my trip reports are now HERE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You forgot the 2 or 3 sips from a very pricey cup of tea ������ but apart from that very accurate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh, this is fun.
    I think we would start with an early morning character breakfast then lots of frozen lemonades or even better the alcoholic slyshies from France. Lunch would be something light like the pulled pork fries from Flame Tree in AK. A few cocktails whilst we wander with some kind if ice cream or funnel cake. Dinner would be Narcossees timed for the fireworks and our main would be the filet steak with a whole lobster tail but only if there was emh otherwise dinner would be the chefs table at Victoria and Albert's with the wine pairings. Oh the list of possibilities is endless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Breakfast of coffee and bagels on our balcony, soaking up the atmosphere and full of excitement for the day to come.

Early lunch at Wine Bar George—Skirt Steak with Roasted Vegetables and Chimichurri or a selection of their small plates with wine poured by George himself.
    OR
    The Hollywood Brown Derby Terrace—Andouille-Crusted Shrimp & Grits and a Grapefruit Cake Martini.

Drinks Around The World at Epcot.

Afternoon snack of Tiffin's Bread Service at Nomad Lounge accompanied by a Night Monkey (Plantation Original Dark Rum, Guava Purée, Coffee Simple Syrup, and Lime Juice with a hint of Cilantro).

Pre-dinner loosener sitting at the bar at California Grill.

Dinner at Victoria & Albert's with wine pairings.
    OR
    A chilled evening at Epcot's International Food & Wine Festival.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Breakfast at The Grand Floridian Cafe. An American style breakfast with coffee.

Lunch at Les Halles Boulangerie and Patisserie in the France pavilion of Epcot, will have a ham and cheese baguette followed by a creme brulee...yum. With coffee of course.

For a snack, proper chips from the fish & chip place in the UK pavillion.

Dinner at Jiko in Animal Kingdom, not sure of the menu since it has been a while since we have eaten there. Maybe a cocktail or a glass or two of wine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How many days do I get? Because I could never fit my "perfect foodie day" all into one! [PS: I could never survive any of these foodie days, but let's say quantity and calories don't count]

If it's a Magic Kingdom day:
    -Breakfast isn't my favorite thing at a restaurant, so maybe just something from Main Street Bakery.
    -Lunch at Skipper Canteen. Curried vegetable stew, Kungaloosh chocolate cake, and a Blue Moon.
    -Snack: Normally I'd go for popcorn as a snack, but at MK it's got to be the Dole Whip
    -Dinner at Sanaa or Jiko, or maybe Boma if I'm feeling brave enough for a buffet, because nothing tempts me for an elegant dinner at MK.

If it's an Epcot day:
    Breakfast: Meh. Can you even get breakfast at Epcot?
    Lunch: Tangerine Cafe. 100% the Vegetarian Platter. I could eat that every single day. With a Casa beer.
    Snack: Something nice from Les Halles or L'Artisan des Glaces.
    Dinner: Takumi-Tei, going straight for the Tasting Menu, with a Kami cocktail to start, then whatever wine goes best with that day's tasting menu.

If it's a Hollywood Studios day:
    Breakfast: Breakfast Bowl at Woody's Lunchbox
    Lunch: Ronto Wrap at Ronto Roasters. These things must have cocaine in them, because they're absolutely addictive. Then, some sort of cocktail at Ogas, because Ogas.
    Snack: Ummmm...probably leaving the park now and getting something at one of the Disney Springs bakeries.
    Dinner: I'd have to bug out and go to Disney Springs or a resort for a great steak and some good wine.

If it's an Animal Kingdom day:
    Breakfast: Meh.
    Lunch: Difficult. Maybe Yak, but probably just ribs at Flame Tree BBQ
    Snack: Nomad Lounge bread service and an Annapurna Zing.
    Dinner: Tiffins. Charred octopus starter, Tamarind-braised short ribs, and Lion King dessert. Possibly a Tempting Tigress cocktail with the starter, and a good wine with dinner.

Non-park day:
    Breakfast: I just can't get into restaurant breakfasts.
    Lunch: Ribs at Morimoto, with edamame or wok-sautéed veggies, and a Lychee Martini
    Snack: Charcuterie and wine at Wine Bar George.
    Dinner: Victoria and Alberts. They can serve me anything.

I did this wrong, didn't I?
    Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you “I’m not messing around, use the gifts you were given.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Okay, my realistic perfect foodie day at Disney would be no breakfast, a Vegetarian Platter at Tangerine Cafe, and Ribs with a Lychee martini at Morimoto.

Better?
    Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you “I’m not messing around, use the gifts you were given.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We have never really eaten at Disneyworld, i guess i've always thought of eating out at the parks as theme park food. I know they have some sit down restaurants but never tried one but to join in with this thread my perfect day is to starve all day then eat around the world at the Epcot food and wine festival . That for me is a great great day out trying different food from around the world all in one place.

It's actually interesting as the first time i ever had Bao buns was at the Epcot food & wine festival about 5 years ago and absolutely loved them and we have the family round tonight and have ordered....... Bao buns from a local restaurant . The food is a little pricey but absolutely gorgeous and i would probably have never eaten them over ehre if it wasn't for the Epcot Food & Wine festival.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Breakfast-Chef Mickeys. Now they serve you at the table so you don’t have to contend with hacking pensioners, even better.

Dinner (lunch to you southern types) - BBQ combo at Flame Tree with Rootbeer. Preferably with a little bunny rabbit sitting on my foot like last time.

Snack - Funnell Cake at the Magic Kingdom. Grease, dough and sugar. Cant go wrong.

Tea-Never done an evening meal at WDW, apart from a quick counter service munch, so i’m Off up to Longhorn Steakhouse in I-Drive for the biggest porterhouse steak they can give me. Still the greatest steak I have ever eaten.
    April 1991 International Gateway Inn
    April 1993 International Gateway Inn
    May 2011 Four Points Sheraton Studio City
    Feb 2014 Rosen Inn Hotel

Champion Me and Champion Ret, kickin' *** and takin' names!

Thread Information