Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  31
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: Building Cinderella's castle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Superspur View Post
    That's too technical for me Simon
    Shame, you could have been an internet sensation!
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So this is stage 10 all laid out, loads of small intricate bits so MAYBE i might be able to do it this evening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've been doing online jigsaws during lockdown and I find them really meditational—you have to concentrate so there's no space for other things to be buzzing around your head. I'd love to have a go at one of the gargantuan Lego models. The Ewok Village has always appealed to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was doing puzzles but there are only so many puzzles you can do

So i switched attention to Cinderella's castle, it wasn't cheap but i'm really enjoying it and it is so calming. If i did another one it would probably be Hogwarts Castle but again, that isn't cheap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How am I only seeing this now?!

Incredible! I want to do that, but I don't have the patience.
    Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Veness View Post
    How am I only seeing this now?!

Incredible! I want to do that, but I don't have the patience.

It's actually really calming Susan but if you make a mistake and have to go back, especially on the fiddly bit it can be really annoying. Anyway this is stage 10 and it seems that i'm building a seperate floor now and everything will come together on the last stage. This level was really fiddly and time consuming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looking good. Julia got the huge Hogwarts Castle set for Christmas a couple of years ago and I got the job of building it. That one had 37 bags and 4 of those thick books of instructions, it took me a month or more of sessions after work to complete. We then had to buy a new coffee table and a perspex case to keep it on and in. There is a company out there that does bespoke cases for lego, you just give them the set number and many of your pounds and they send you the right case for it.
    7 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.
    All my trip reports are now HERE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spencem View Post
    We then had to buy a new coffee table and a perspex case to keep it on and in.

I'll have to get a conservatory built if i want it on display i have been told

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is stage 11 done and again it was building up what will be the top part of the castle which i imagine will only get to go on at the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I continue to be impressed by the effort- and patience - this requires. There is SO much more than meets the eye.

Thread Information