Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  10

Topic: The Epcot Transformation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The Epcot Transformation

As part of the recent media event at WDW, they showcased the ongoing Epcot Transformation, as the park transitions from the old Future World and World Showcase to the new line-up of World Discovery, World Celebration and World Nature, as well as World Showcase. Here's our video from our Imagineer interview:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The addition of all the trees and greenery has definitely brought a big step forward forward, if the execution is as good as the art work it should look great.

But I guess these developments have almost completed the removal of the original concept of EPCOT.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There is definitely an element of that, TF, but Walt was also on record as saying Epcot would always been in a state of being, of never being finished, and transition. This is a MAJOR makeover for the park, but it definitely has its strong points, and the return of the 'Communicore' designation and addition of the Dreamers POint statue should both be welcome, amongst some very eye-catching design.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Have to say it looks exciting. as Epcot is my "Happy Place" I would love to visit when it is finished.

karalma is offline Proud Recipient of Six--count 'em, six!!--Fast Passes During Year of a Million Dreams!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It looks amazing. As Epcot has always been about the future I like to see the new developments. But for me it has also always been about education and I couldn’t see too much of that here. It seemed more about the show than educational substance. One of my favourite memories from our first year was my 8 year old son saying to his dad and older sister, "See education can be fun". I hope they haven’t lost that .

I loved the Walt statue.
    Last edited by karalma; 26-05-2022 at 10:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good point, Karalma. Hopefully there WILL be an educational, or even edu-tainment, quotient as part of it. The Journey of Water could be part of it, if done poperly.

Thread Information