Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  6

Topic: New At the Kennedy Space Center

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default New At the Kennedy Space Center

The new attraction at the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, Gateway: The Deep Space Complex, will officially open on June 15. The multi-level exhibit will feature interactive displays about all current and future space travel programs, with four space journeys in the Spaceport KSC motion theater experience (Mars, the Horsehead Nebula, Jupiter and Saturn). It will also feature SpaceX’s Falcon 9 booster, which will be suspended from the ceiling.

And it will look like this...!

Last edited by Simon Veness; 17-06-2022 at 01:02 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Will definitely be visiting this next time we go. So much more at KSC these days. It is almost a two day trip now especially if like me you spend a lot of time in the Space Shop!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Where abouts on the site have they put this, it looks like a whole new building and quite a large one at that?

We are not currently planning on visiting KSC in September, but maybe...
    7 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.
    All my trip reports are now HERE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
    Will definitely be visiting this next time we go. So much more at KSC these days. It is almost a two day trip now especially if like me you spend a lot of time in the Space Shop!
    My thoughts entirely!! There are some nice beach resorts not too far away, too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spencem View Post
    Where abouts on the site have they put this, it looks like a whole new building and quite a large one at that?

We are not currently planning on visiting KSC in September, but maybe...
    Good question, spencem. We have yet to see it, but we will be speaking to the KSC PR people next month, so we should get chapter and verse on the new exhibit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In (delayed) answer to your question, spencem, yes, it will be in its own (large) new building fronting on the right hand side of the Rocket Garden. Here's the current map showing the 'void' where it will be:

And here's our latest story for Attractions Magazine about the opening this Wednesday (Jun 15):

https://attractionsmagazine.com/gate...-space-center/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good to see some proper expansion and not just another refurbishment of an existing space. We were not planning on visiting this year, but now maybe...
    7 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.
    All my trip reports are now HERE.

Thread Information