Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  10

Topic: SeaWorld Orlando unveils new coasters ride

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default SeaWorld Orlando unveils new coasters ride

From today's TravelMole, good news for coaster aficionados and another step along the revamping road. Coaster Capital of Orlando.

SeaWorld Orlando unveils new coasters ride

A new coaster ride will land at SeaWorld Orlando next year.

The parkís seventh coaster is launching in 2023 with SeaWorld teasing the rideís theme with the hashtag #HighSurfAdvisory.

It also shared a teaser video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtCvKv3569o

ďGuests are invited to get ready to feel the power of the pacific in Florida, letting the waves propel them into a one-of-a-kind ocean adventure,Ē it says.

SeaWorld will announce ride details over the coming months, ahead of the rideís opening next year.

In the recent USA Today 10Best Readerís poll, SeaWorld Orlando was voted best theme park, and its newest coaster Ice Breaker the best new attraction in North America.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Love to see this from SeaWorld. They have largely rebuilt their reputation over the past 5 years by investing in new rides and letting the animals take a back seat (albeit, their rescue and rehabilitation work has been ramped up). Another major coaster would definitely help this trend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You can imagine that a name change canít be far off.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interesting thought, TF. I wouldn't rule it out, but I do think the current name recognition is more positive than negative. I think if their rehabilitation continues to move in a positive direction, they would probably be tempted to stick with it. But I also wonder if the idea has been mooted at board level.

What do you think the parks might be called otherwise? More Busch Gardens branding would obviously be a possibility; Coaster World, perhaps??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Veness View Post
    Interesting thought, TF. I wouldn't rule it out, but I do think the current name recognition is more positive than negative. I think if their rehabilitation continues to move in a positive direction, they would probably be tempted to stick with it. But I also wonder if the idea has been mooted at board level.

What do you think the parks might be called otherwise? More Busch Gardens branding would obviously be a possibility; Coaster World, perhaps??
    Personally Iím ok with Sea World as iíve always seen the positives that the park brings. It is very different to WDW and Universal and IMO has been a bit of an oasis. But there does appear to be a downscaling of the animal exhibits and they have stated that they will not be growing or maintaining the Orca pod as well as growing the coaster family. So perhaps the hash tag in the video is to test the market?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Always good to see another coaster.
    7 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.
    All my trip reports are now HERE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just noticed this aerial photo from a couple of months back of the area of SeaWorld being cleared ready for the ride. Quite a substantial area, too (albeit not huge by coaster standards):

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good idea to place it there as that will spread the foot traffic out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It will certainly do that, albeit it takes away the special area they used for Christmas and Halloween events, including their Christmas Village, which was a great chillout zone. No doubt they'll revive that elsewhere.

The other thing it will do is provide an iconic look for the front of the park, something people will see as they park and walk up to the gates, increasing the excitement as they arrive

Thread Information