Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Topic: What can you do at Discovery Cove?

Flipper's mate Guest

Default What can you do at Discovery Cove?

Can you tell me what other things there are to do at Discovery Cove and do I have to book?

Attraction Tickets Guest

There are plenty of things to do at Discovery Cove as well as the amazing experience of swimming with Dolphins in Dolphin Lagoon.

Try snorkelling around the coral reef and see Angelfish and Butterfly fish and safely swim next to Sharks and Barracuda (these two species are behind clear partitions - amazing!).

Swim with Cownose and Southern rays in Ray Lagoon. These amazing animals can grow up to 4 feet in diameter!

There is also a large free-flight aviary where you can touch and feed some of the 250 colourful birds and other amazing animals.

As for booking, Discovery Cove is hugely popular so we have to book dates for you, so get calling!

Flipper's mate Guest

Do I have to be a swimmer at Discovery Cove?

Attraction Tickets Guest

You don't have to be a swimmer as life jackets are provided and you don't have to go out of your depth. Everything is provided for swimming with Dolpins apart from your swimming costume plus the admission price includes lunch and soft drinks while you are in the park.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question When to book

My family are off to Florida again in FEB 2005. My daughter wishes toswim with the dolphins therefore how far in advance would u reccommend booking to secure the dates required?

Thanks. Condoman ;)
    Paul & Lynette
    Florida Veterans
    Ex Florida Villa Owners

Best thing in the world and cant wait till i go bk NOV 2005 it will be my 8th time to orlando and my 3rd time to discovery cove

Talking

Just back from Florida, where we visited Discovery Cove. I have two daughters aged 10 & 11 who swam with the dolphins. We booked back in March for our August holiday and even then we were restricted to certain days that were still available. Discovery Cove was to be the highlight of our holiday, but unfortunately the day that we were booked in was the day that Hurricane Charley was due to arrive (typical!). The staff offered us 2 options - cancel and rebook for another day (although this wouldn't be during our holiday - we would have to plan it into another holiday) or to gain entrance to the park on that day with the understanding that they were watching the weather situation and might close at any time. This is the option that we took.... our girls managed to get their swim, but in cool overcast conditions. However they absolutely loved it! The dolphin trainers were really patient with the kids and made it a great experience for them. Unfortunately for us, they did close the park at lunchtime, so we only got half a day there (which made it seem more expensive than ever!). However we think that this is one of the cleanest and well-kept attractions that we visited and we thoroughly enjoyed it - it would have been a lovely restful day had we been able to spend the whole day there. We can't recommend it highly enough!

Thread Information