Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: Visa Waiver Wizard!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for that TF - deffo going to ask at airport then!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ditto mine. Just looked at it. Issued in nov 01 expires may 2012. Never had problem and been every year?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Visa

Just to re iterate if you have had any convictions you need to book an appointment at the embassy in london . I did have a misspent youth so i have a visa all in all cost around 300 including transport etc well worth it to know you wont be turned away from your 5000 holiday !! I got a 10 year visa no problem had all day at the embassy but trust me it was worth it please dont think you can chance it AND AT THE EMBASSY THEY WERE VERY HELPFUL

sorry if i have gone too far off topic

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lily's passport was due to expire in Dec 11 therefore her esta would expire at the same time. I have renewed both for our upcoming trip. I received an email a couple of days ago to remind me that her esta expired in 30 days! So they do email to remind you to renew.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not off topic at all, philcampell666, and good to hear you had such a positive experience. Takes the worry away, as you say!

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeeha, my passport was also issued in 2002 and, like TF and Ret, I've experienced no problems. I've just been through the Visa Waiver Wizard as far as the pertinent page. The text reads:

If your passport was issued or renewed/extended before October 26, 2005 and has not expired, it does not need to contain a digital photograph or integrated computer chip.

The only requirement is that your passport must be machine readable.
    A machine-readable passport has two lines of text as letters, numbers and chevrons (<<<<) at the bottom of the personal information page, along with the bearer's picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loobylou View Post
    Lily's passport was due to expire in Dec 11 therefore her esta would expire at the same time. I have renewed both for our upcoming trip. I received an email a couple of days ago to remind me that her esta expired in 30 days! So they do email to remind you to renew.
    That's very useful to know, thanks looby.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I managed to speak with two Immigration officers this afternoon at Manchester Airport.
    They checked my passport AND also ran it by one of their colleagues who used to work for the US Immigration people.
    My passport is perfectly ok apparently! What I thought felt like a laminated photo is actually digitally processed!
    What a helpful lot they are (And you guys on here!) Shame the UK passport office couldnt be bothered to check and instead just announced
    that I needed to buy a new one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yeehaa View Post
    I managed to speak with two Immigration officers this afternoon at Manchester Airport.
    They checked my passport AND also ran it by one of their colleagues who used to work for the US Immigration people.
    My passport is perfectly ok apparently! What I thought felt like a laminated photo is actually digitally processed!
    What a helpful lot they are (And you guys on here!) Shame the UK passport office couldnt be bothered to check and instead just announced
    that I needed to buy a new one!
    Result Yeehaa and saved some money.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Thread Information