Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Disney Area Homes - jetsave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Disney Area Homes - jetsave

Hi folks

Just found out this morning we will be staying in the disney area homes villa in Formosa Gardens (booked with jetsave) .
    Has anybody been here before and will our villa be just as good as its owned by jetsave (i think) than a privatly owned villa .i have been nosing around other villas in this area and the are AMAZING .

This is our holiday of a lifetime so please let me down gently .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Firstly don't panic! I would suggest that the villa will be privately owned and be managed by a local company. All rental villas tend to be of a very good standard, so you should not be disappointed.

IMO Formosa Gardens is in an excellent location, just off Formosa Gardens Blvd, which itself is off US192 in Kissimmee Westgate. (We stay in Indian Ridge which is reasonably close by).

There are some great restaurants close by including the Outback (at the Formosa Gardens Village ) with a Cracker Barrell, Denny's, Perkins, Bob Evans, Golden Corrall nearby. Formosa Gardens Village also has a Winn Dixie supermarket and a mini golf.

You also have the option of using Sherberth Road (turn right off Formosa Gardens Blvd onto US192 and then left at the lights) to get entry into the Disney property via the Osceola Parkway. Take care with speed on Sherberth Road as the police are often around.
    Last edited by Tiggers Friend; 09-03-2009 at 01:09 PM.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is one of the main vacation home areas and, as TF says, is very well placed for Disney and the 192 area. The villa will certainly still be privately owned (none of the tour operators actually 'own' the villas in their brochures as they are all sub-contracted out through local property management companies), so you can sure it will be of the general standard you have seen. Obviously, individual villas can still vary from owner to owner, but Jetsave are a highly reputable company in Orlando and we have never heard any complaints about the villas they use.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

We have stayed in a lovely villa in Formosa Gardens although we booked it privately and they are in an ideal location. The one we stayed in was six bedroomed which we don't need now which is why we haven't used it since. As TF says they are very near to lots of shops and restaurants, would recommend the Outback for a yummy meal!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
    would recommend the Outback for a yummy meal!
    The Outback is our favourite steak place in Orlando, great steaks and great atmosphere.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default thanxs

Thanks for your help again all .

I know i got ages till we go but everyone on here says plan ahead so im tryin believe me as we dont wanna miss a thing . (hubby says im very trying)

I've just been on amason and order THE BOOK it should come tomorrow yippee ..... and to top it all off im i get stuck with anything relating to the book i can just come on here and ask the world famous authors (its the same folks aint it) .

How lucky are we to have this site , im so luvin it .

Definatly gettin tickets from here to as making a saving of over 120 on disney passes alone compared to my thomson travel agents prices , what a rip off .

There are five of us going me and hubby (if i dont do him in first) and three kids ages 6 , 15 and 16 . Im a bit worried bout oldest as he has apbergers syndrome a i would love him to do the dolphin swim but he may back out on us a the last minute and its a lot of money to lose and if he chooses not too then someone else will have to stay with him and they will lose out too oh decisions descisions ... plus i have just read that disney wont make exceptions for special needs any more aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh i need my book Now !!!!

Oops soz went on a bit lol; xxx
    thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Don't worry about going on a bit we all do that at times!!!
    I wonder if it may be worthwhile emailing Disney about your son? I am of the opinion if you don't ask you don't get.
    My best friends daughter has aspergers and she has done the Discovery Cove dolphin swim and really enjoyed it but I appreciate everyone is different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazzychic View Post
    I know i got ages till we go but everyone on here says plan ahead so im tryin believe me as we dont wanna miss a thing . (hubby says im very trying)

... plus i have just read that disney wont make exceptions for special needs any more aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh i need my book Now !!!!
    That's what we'er here for! Save your marriage and post your excitement here.

As regards the GAC, click here: http://www.attraction-tickets-direct...460#post112460

PS: You can't call or email and get info on your specific case, you must present your case in person, in the park.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Formosa Gardens is a fab place!! Wish I could afford a home there
    Make a point of having a drive around the development (when you have unpacked) and take a look at some of the whoppers there!!
    I'm a permanent reminder of a temporary feeling!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Ooops sorry for the wrong info on emailing.:o
    My friends daughter managed okay in most of the parks although she does get tired so we had to slow our pace down which was fine by me.

Thread Information