Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: Villa sold!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
    they apparently are changing management companies as they weren't happy with the old one. This seems to be a problem out there, why are so many of them not good?
    It's partly due to cost, but from the standpoint of the management company's payroll. The pay isn't great and the work is hard. A lot of people come to Orlando thinking they'll take a relatively easy job cleaning villas (how hard could it be?), then find out it's a real bear! With the number of villas any one cleaner has to deal with, let's just say 'corner cutting happens'.

A lot of people also go into management thinking the same thing: they'll hire a bunch of lackeys to do the hard work while they rake it in. And that's not the case, either. Done right, management is 24/7, and not fun.

It all adds up to villa owners who work hard to find management companies that do a consistantly good job. Some companies are fantastic. Most, according to villa owners we know, aren't.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just to add that I have had an e-mail from the new owners, they apparently are changing management companies as they weren't happy with the old one. This seems to be a problem out there, why are so many of them not good? Is it cost? I have to say the management guy from the old villa was very good, always got back to you promptly and sorted things out well. Lets hope that the owners of this villa have found one as good. Apparently they are going out there in February so if there are teething problems they will be sorted before April.
    I think that there are a number of positives in your post, so you must feel a bit better about your trip.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes I do really. I think part of the problem is that BIL and SIL are coming out with us for the first two weeks and I don't want any hassles. I know that they would understand but they haven't been out since 1993 so I want it to be good for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm sure things will be OK, the new owner clearly wants to make a go of rental ownership and with them going out before you it should be fine.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

From what we've seen, most new villa owners care a lot about how their villa looks, what shape it's in and what it offers, so I would think it's a good time to stay, when the owners are new and excited. Will be curious to hear how it was when you get back.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

We are supposed to have internet access so will be posting while we are there......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi Catlady
    please do not worry. When we sold our Villa we also passed on all the future bookings to the new owners. They did however decide to find their own managment company. The first one they chose went bust! The one they have now has a great reputation.
    If new owners are going over before you, as I said earlier, dont worry. You are going to have a fantastic time!
    I'm a permanent reminder of a temporary feeling!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Been conversing by e-mail with the new owners. They have just returned from Orlando and have put in some new furnishings in the villa including a new bed for the Master suite and there will be a new flat screen TV going into the living room so everything sounds ok. Just waiting for the details of key codes etc now as we have paid the final balance.
    Parrothead a shame you sold your villa? Obviously you are still holidaying out in Florida.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's excellent news Catlady. Must be a huge weight off your mind.
    May 1991 Orlando/Ft Lauderdale 21 days
    May 1993 Orlando/Clearwater 21 days
    May 1997 Orlando/St. Pete 21 days
    May 2001 Orlando/St. Pete 21 days
    May 2009 Orlando/St. Pete 21 days

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Been conversing by e-mail with the new owners. They have just returned from Orlando and have put in some new furnishings in the villa including a new bed for the Master suite and there will be a new flat screen TV going into the living room so everything sounds ok. Just waiting for the details of key codes etc now as we have paid the final balance.
    Parrothead a shame you sold your villa? Obviously you are still holidaying out in Florida.
    Hi Catlady,
    No, not sorry we sold, because we knew we would always be buying again.
    Will be back in Florida in October looking at homes to buy. We now know exactly where we want to be and what we want to buy, and it is NOT in the Orlando area. Our sons are now in their 30's so we do not need to be near the parks. Even though our 'boys' still take a vacation with us now and again!!
    When we do buy I will let you all know where it is ;);)
    I'm a permanent reminder of a temporary feeling!

Thread Information