Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Topic: February Holiday Central

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default February Holiday Central

Post your comments, tips, or experiences from your FEBRUARY Orlando holiday here!

For instructions on how to post links to your full trip report, click here: INSTRUCTIONS for posting links and links with text.
    Last edited by Susan Veness; 07-01-2009 at 12:04 AM.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have been once or twice this time of year I personally love this time of year
    So here are my plus's and minus's.

ON THE PLUS SIDE;

Very short or non exsistant queues.
    Virtually no humidity
    Parks not crowded
    Cheaper air fares. [ Virgin 300 this year!]
    Very little if any, rain.
    I'll get shouted at for this one, you get an older age group, so not as many children. [Honest I love them, couldn't manage a whole one, but love them really. Lol]
    Less biting bugs around

MINUS SIDE [For some]

Can encounter some chilly-ish weather. We have been known to encounter frost!!
    Normally only one Disney water park open.
    Some of the park resturants are closed.
    Park hours tend to be shorter, but counteracted by no queues
    Avoid Presidents day/weekend if possible, very very busy. [third thursday in February, normally coincedes with our half term!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll echo what SK says and if you want to read about her, Angelmouse5 and my last trip in Feb 07 then the link is here.
    5 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.

All my trip reports are now HERE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

this is my favourite time of year to go also, we have been twice feb 07 /feb 08 .

as SK says the queues are pretty much none existent, i remeber in 07 when we was at islands of adventure i walked onto virtualy every ride, (the hulk) when the ride finished i actually stayed on and went round again TWICE!!!! the only one i remember queueing for was spiderman and that was less than 10mins.

also yes the park hours are shorter which to me had only one downside, that was when watching the wishes fireworks at MK it's not quite the same when it's not dark (is that just me or am i being a bit to picky???)

another point i found is the resteraunts where quieter, which then led to less queueing if you where to go to an all you care to eat buffet style resteraunt, i.e ponderosa, GC, CiCi's
    i've been 6 times in total to florida and in the past we've been to a few of these resteraunts named earlier and been queueing out of the door to get in.

if you where to go at this time of year then i would definately recommend you pack a jumper/cardigan/light jacket as it does get a bit chilly when the sun goes down of an evening.

of the 6 times we have been to florida this is my favourite time of year to go, why???

1. its cheaper
    2. less crowded
    3. weather is still in the high 70's low 80's nearly everyday
    4. i found you get a lot more out of your holiday

hope you found some of my experiences/tips helpfull,

mortus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is February quiet even over our half term ( apart from presidents day)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes it is very quiet, but sometimes our half term lines up with President's day. I suppose it depends on your school.

We've certainly noticed nearly ever voice in a queue or restaurant being British;)
    5 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.

All my trip reports are now HERE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just like to add, that Presidents day can make the parks very busy.
    The first time we were there, we didn't even realise it was Presidents day and went to MK.
    2 rides in 4hrs, we called it a day and went to Wet'n'Wild. Then back to Mk for the evening.
    Wednesday evening thru to sunday can be a little on the busy side, with the thursday being the busiest.
    But still a great time to visit.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We have been for past four febs 05,06,07 & 08 and every year it seems to get busier. We have been in Half term which tends to coincide with presidents day/weekend. Also there is Daytona and when it is Mardi gras in New Orleans people come to orlando to escape:eek: Last year was the busiest feb because all 3 events seemed to be around the same time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We also found February quiet; we stayed in the HI Sunspree on SR535 - half the rooms in our block were empty! Trouble is, that also meant that a lot of facilities were also closed for the season.

It was too cold to go in the pool. Well, the pool was warm enough, but you have to get out of the warm water a some point!

I didn't take a jacket, but even wearing a fleece round MK on our last day, I was shivering all day!

We intend going again in February 2011 - for my 50th birthday. By then, Emma will be coming up 17, and will either have already left school, or she'll be in the lower sixth and I don't give a monkeys about pulling her out for the 2 weeks!
    Nov 2003 for 14 days
    Feb 2005 for 10 days
    Aug 2006 for 10 days
    Apr 2008 for 10 days
    Feb 2011 for 14 days for the Big 5-0
    Feb 2012 for 10 days for Emma's 18th
    Feb 2013 for 10 days just because!
    Feb 2014 for 7 days on site girlie trip
    Mar 2015 for 14 days for Emma's 21st

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LeonieM View Post
    We intend going again in February 2011 - for my 50th birthday. By then, Emma will be coming up 17, and will either have already left school, or she'll be in the lower sixth and I don't give a monkeys about pulling her out for the 2 weeks!
    My daughters sixth form are just as awkward as the school used to be!! we were planning on returning to the US (although maybe California) in July 2010 because Mark will have finished his GCSEs so will finish school at the end of June and in the same year Heather will finish her A levels so will also be finished. We were therefore planning on taking advantage of cheaper flights outside of the school holidays, but i'm wondering now if the fact that its the American school holidays in July means that it will be so busy that it won't be such a good idea, so i was wondering about Feb or October since i'm sure Easter will be as bad as the summer? decisions... decisions....

Thread Information