Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: March Holiday Central

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default March Holiday Central

Post your comments, tips, or experiences from your MARCH Orlando holiday here!

For instructions on how to post links to your full trip report, click here: INSTRUCTIONS for posting links and links with text.
    Last edited by Susan Veness; 07-01-2009 at 12:04 AM.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have been 1 time during:

March:

Best time to visit in the month: Any time in March is good as it's pretty quiet except for Spring Break, but most of them tend to head to west palm beach and miami.

Weather: Mostly sunny and dry, expect anything from 10oC - 25oC with an average of 15oC. Check out www.weather.com and www.wesh.com/weather for detailed info.

Flights: Expect to pay LOW prices for this month. 300 Upwards Direct, 250 Upwards Indirect

Crowd Level: As march genrally has LOW queues expect anything from 5mins-60mins for headliners

Dining: Expect a 10 minute wait for chain resturants, Red Lobster, Perkins, Uno's etc and 30-45 minutes for more popular dining experience's. If your planning to dine at Disney it's advisable to call up and book before, you can do this up to 90 days prior to your visit for selected resturants.

Shopping: Florida has great deals and plenty of outlets all year round. The stores are normally running many promotions at this time of year.

If I could give you one tip for this month... Check out the EPCOT International Garden and Flower show, runs from March 18th - May 31st

Planned Visits:

3 weeks July 2010 Vistana Resort

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just be aware that March prices (and crowds) can be lower than average, unless Easter is early, in which case the 2nd half of March can definitely be pretty busy (and more expensive). In recent years Easter has become just about the 2nd busiest period of the year (after Christmas/New Year). The weather can be just blissful, though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

March is a good time to visit if you avoid Spring Break. Families in the northern states pile into Orlando during the week the kids are off school, starting toward the end of March. Each school district determines its own break, so a one-week Spring Break starts in late March for some, but ends in mid-April for others, and Orlando will be busy during that 3-4 week span.

Wait times have been known to top out around 3 hours at peak traffic times each day (early to mid-afternoon), but a 60-90 minute wait is more common.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow thanks for that Susan, we missed spring break but had no idea! it was really quiet for us!

Planned Visits:

3 weeks July 2010 Vistana Resort

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You're right, MM, that if you miss the Spring Break period March is blissfully quiet. It sort of 'explodes' once the kids are out for a week, even though a lot of 16 and ups will go further south.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My parents last visited in March (pre Spring Break) and reckon it is the best time of the year for them, with the perfect combination of low crowds and good weather.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We went in March 2003. (18th for 2 weeks) I found some days quite cold although they were reporting it as "unseasonably" cold and advising Floridians to take plants in from the garden to protect them from the frost!! If I remember correctly it was quite a dry time

Crowds were small, warm days were pleasant and not too hot that you were stuggling with the heat and humidity.

I seem to recall some gardens and shops etc with Easter decorations (nothing compared to Halloween though) and some of the shops had "spring special" deals on.

MArch is more suited to the people amongst us who aren't keen on the heat. (I love the heat) Whilst I wouldnt say I would never go back in March, (cause I'd go any time, at the drop of a hat!!) it was a bit too chilly for me. But as I say it was unusually cold.

I've been to disney in March - April over the easter week and 2 weeks as well.

The queue times were around 1 hour at the longest. We went to busch gardens on easter day, longest wait was about 30 mins. Sheikra was walk on! We bought fast passes as well, which was a stupid idea as we didn't realise it would be empty!

I'd personally not recommend going at easter as it does get busy, and it is quite hot. It didn't rain once.
    Florida
    21st October 2010 - 11th November 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Recent Easters have certainly been very dry, but this year's was also pretty cool (by Florida standards), meaning the water rides are not a great choice unless you enjoy being damp all day!!

Thread Information